GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

Enough of your christian propaganda, some of us have feelings to be hurt too!

Okay, if you really insist...

just demonstrated how to behave like gentlemen
In a sports-inspired thread on a metal forum of all places.
What is this, Dalai Lama meets Leopold the Cat?
:ninja:

How come I'm not surprised that a fan of second-wave black metal can't seem to understand, let alone appreciate the idea of gentlemanhood, or the value thereof...

1614973770013.png
1614973799020.png

:ninja:

I didn't delete Dead's suicide photo, but I am absolutely marking a content warning for it.

Oh, OK, sorry, would have put NSFW there myself, but since the engine has changed and inline spoilers are the only ones I can find and you have to delete the "I" to make it a regular spoiler and don't remember how did it look like in code when there was supposed to be the title of the spoiler, you know...

But honestly I also think that - the cover, I mean - might (and possibly should) be taken into consideration if we ever get a Mayhem album in this here cup. I think that anyone who's going to be voting for De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (if it's gonna be present, I'm lazy to look) should take a long, hard look at Euronymus' photography work there, on the cover. ...you know, to really appreciate the atmosphere, right?...

Oh please, Christians are the biggest worshipers of dying, ever. Everything you do is subservient to the fact that you'll eventually die and be judged. Eastern ones kiss bones of dead people while western ones just like to stare at embalmed corpses. "Citizens of death"

Oh please, Christians are the biggest worshipers of dying, ever. Everything you do is subservient to the fact that you'll eventually die and be judged. Eastern ones kiss bones of dead people while western ones just like to stare at embalmed corpses. "Citizens of death"

This is ... wrong/incorrect on a lot of levels (it's nice to see you absolutely know why I do what I do, better than myself, actually), but okay, yes, Christians stress death and dying a lot. Possibly too much in cotrast with the current world which tries to pretend death doesn't exist at all or at least it's something you don't talk about.

On the other hand, to enjoy, use and in some ways support the mental illness of your bandmate, who suffers from self harm and does weird macabre shit, leave him alone and secluded with access to weapons for him to commit suicide and then collect pieces of his body and photograph him in order to increase your popularity and fandom via the resulting shock value when you put that on the cover of your shitty, shitty sounding, garbled attempt at noise-making, that's not something just Christians should be opposed to. In a f*** civilized society. Seriously???

Last edited:
But honestly I also think that - the cover, I mean - might (and possibly should) be taken into consideration if we ever get a Mayhem album in this here cup. I think that anyone who's going to be voting for De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas (if it's gonna be present, I'm lazy to look) should take a long, hard look at Euronymus' photography work there, on the cover. ...you know, to really appreciate the atmosphere, right?...
It's not the cover of the album.

It's not the cover of the album.

No, but the same bandleader, so to speak.

You know, people here keep talking about separating the art from the artist, especially if the artist did something perceived as wrong, like storming the Capitol or something.

But here you have a band that volutarily decided to revel in the reprehensibility, to embody filth and bad taste in both their personal lives and "artistry" alike. And that's where I draw the line.

Lennon might have beaten his wife(/ves), but at least he didn't cash on it, didn't try to make it normal, didn't make it a part of his ideology (Run for Your Life is specific and shouldn't have been taken seriously at the time). Gary Glitter might have molested kids, but he didn't sell the persona of an actual child molester to be "edgy".

And everyone voting for this band should have the stomach to appreciate the rest of the stuff they have been doing. Because in this particular case they and their output are intertwined. Whether it's photographing your bandmates after suicide or smelling animal carcasses on stage.

Last edited:
Okay, I prematurely suspected they would be later on and I apologize for my brashness. And sorry to divert the topic. And that I was being impolite and rude, but I felt the need to make a point. Again, sorry.

They will be in League 2 - that's public knowledge.

But as always, I leave it to individual voters to determine why they vote. If someone chooses to vote for or against Mayhem because of their public obsession with the dead (and dead Dead), then that's up to them.

I demand a very specific vote curriculum, which stipulates what factors should be considered and how much weight each should carry for the verdict.

:p

@JudasMyGuide honestly, thank you for speaking your mind on the whole Dead issue. His life is among the most tragic in music history, and I hate Euronymous's treatment of him like some beat dog as a mascot for them. It also frustrates me that his death was used as a cheap gag by the Warmaster Records to sell a bootleg live show that never should have come out.

But I do like the Deathcrush EP, which was released before Euronymous became as evil as he did. I think the dark atmosphere on it is unparalleled and it's a cool experience. But I also don't have any plans to vote for Mayhem in this game because of Euronymous's really reprehensible actions. Should I end up voting for them, it'll be solely in memoriam of Dead and what he could have been were he actually given the right support.

Hope that makes sense?

Back