GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

Both Obituary and Meshuggah are shit, but the latter are more bearable.

The vocals for Kalmah are not immediately endearing but the lead guitar both contrasts and compliments the vocals in a way that lessens the abrasive nature of the vocals. I could listen to more of this. Virgin Steele are fine but I find them a bit bland.

I don't need to listen to White Zombie to know that I'll vote for Kamelot.

Testament are one of my favourite bands and are way better than Faith No More. Sadly due to exposure bias and Rock bias the Faith No More album is going to win. I'm pleasantly surprised to see 'Practice What You Preach' perform so well in such circumstances though. It's a shame that too many people made the wrong choice.

Having just listened to The Real Thing in full for the first time and bein 3 songs into Testament, I may be willing to change my vote.

I just barely caught the poll. In the first match I'm voting for Obituary because DEI is such an inconsistent album. After the first three tracks there is so much less exciting stuff. I completely forgot "Terminal Illusions" exists twice in the same day. Even "Suffer in Truth" and "Sublevels" simply aren't great enough... Obituary is song after song of great music.

In the second match, two quite boring albums, but I just prefer Virgin Steele's style here.

Obituary ends Meshuggah's run at one victory, proceeding onward. Meshuggah returns in League 11.
Virgin Steele defeats Kalmah, setting up a minnow run. They face....Virgin Steele in the next League in our first same band matchup.
Kamelot beats White Zombie to proceed. That was the only White Zombie album in the GMAC. Next, Kamelot will face W.A.S.P.
And finally, for Testament vs. Faith No More: EXTRA TIME!!!!!!

Greatest comeback since Lazarus. Will LC actually allow extra time or will he ignore his own rules again?
Yes, he will, because there's no major delay in posting. In the future, I'll be doing all extra time matches at the end of the round, so it will really decrease the amount of time devoted to ET playoffs.

I voted for Testament in the initial vote, which was based off of listening to 4 songs from each album. It was close though, so now I'm going to listen to both albums in full and see if that changes anything for me.

Back