GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

So, the point of adding the lists in and not just doing Maidenfans nominations was to make sure that a) some big albums that might otherwise get missed are nominated (like the first Rainbow album), and b) to expose some people to new music. So far it seems to be working.
Ok even if I disagree with some cases it's fair enough. And reason B justifiable enough :ok:

Don't know if I'm still allowed to jump into this game? If not I will remove my votes. :)

I never liked the guitar sound of Meshuggah. Not a big death metal fan either but my vote goes to Obituary.
Kalmah isn't really my cup of tea. Virgin Steele I can drink all day.
The contrast between the classy and talented Kamelot is from another level than the boring Zombie.
Testament has better records (the debut!!) and this is one of Faith No More best albums so easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Last edited:
Obituary’s Cause of Death brings back childhood memories. Truth be told, it sounded better back then but I’m going with it for nostalgia value and it’s a pretty iconic death metal album anyway. Other winners for me are Virgin Steele, Kamelot and Testament.

There's a competition among game hosts here - whoever attracts the highest number of voters get 40 virgins.
That's a bad deal, if you're a Muslim, you get 72 virgins.

That would be Night Prowler then. Can you imagine the dithering on which one he'd fuck first?
HAFA, BLP!

He'd only get the virgins, the stairwell is not included in the package. So he'd just take Instagram photos with them, I reckon.
I'd get them to build the stairwell first.

Also, WITCH HUNT!!!!!

I'll pick Obituary over Meshuggah. I actually found myself enjoying much of the offering, though not enough to call it a revelation.
Kalmah vs Virgin Steele was close for me. I'll definitely revisit the former band, but I really am thoroughly enjoying The Marriage of Heaven and Hell.
Kamelot. Sorry, Zombie, Kamelot is a personal favourite.
Testament over Faith No More, FNM is fine but it's never been my thing.

Obituary wins the battle of the bands I will never listen to again but virtue of havin some decent instrumental sections. I listened to about two thirds of both these albums.

I enjoyed Kalmah quite a bit. I will probably listen to more of these guys. Virgin Steele was ok and they would have beaten either album in the first match up.

White Zombie just about beat Kamelot. I'm a fan of Robert Zombie but this isn't his best stuff, in my opinion. Kamelot are alright but a bit too much soft cheese in relation to hard cheese, for me.

Testament in the last round. I haven't listened to either for this game but Testament get a cheeky comeback vote from me.

Back