GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

I haven't voted yet, simply because I have no feelings whatsoever in this round. The fewer albums remain, the less interesting it is for me.

I haven't voted yet, simply because I have no feelings whatsoever in this round. The fewer albums remain, the less interesting it is for me.
I get this, and I always thought it was a likely flaw in the tournament. However, all things must come to an end, and here we are.

Games like these are always more interesting during the early phase and lose steam as things get chiseled down to the usual suspects. On the other hand, turnout starts to go up at this point which makes for some interesting moments and discussion.

Hmm, I thought the early phase was less interesting than this one (although I have to admit I missed the first couple of months). After all, these are the top albums that are competing now. :) I'm really curious to see which ones win!

It´s always nice to compare two great albums to each other. Tough decisions sometimes have to be made and that's really exciting. In the first rounds there was alot of mediocrity. Now it´s the best of the best that's left.

The earliest rounds were less interesting to me, Korn vs Sunn O))) remains the single worst round. Ever. I enjoyed the middle rounds where I didn't know most of the albums the most.

8h1j.gif

8h1g.gif

3Q3g.gif

Exactly how I felt when all the black metal masterpieces were systematically voted out.
One of them lost to Virtual XI ffs.
To quote an old and wise dude, "it is what it is you know".
Sigh.
I wasn't too hot about it the first round, but Thorns is very possibly my favourite finding from this game. I looked at its stream and I'd probably vote for it over all the albums it would've gone against

Back