GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

I would actually be interested in a GMAC esque game for extreme metal. I have some ideas, let me know if anyone wants to run it or I can.

God, I hope not.
Well, you had to know from the jump it was going to be Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, or Seventh Son winning the GMAC. Powerslave appeals more to traditionalists, Somewhere In Time appeals more to prog and AOR types, and Seventh Son appeals to most people in both groups. Guess which one will probably win?

I don't think there are any bad songs on the album but the quality does take a dive after the title track and even when I considered it my second favorite Maiden album it always bothered me. It's just worsened over the years.

DioHolyDiver.jpg

Dio - Holy Diver (1983)

How it got here

List entries: Rolling Stone 16, Loudwire 17, Metal Rules 8, Metalstorm 10, DigitalDreamDoor 20
Maidenfans Nominators: @Cornfed Hick, @FTB, @Kalata, @LooseCannon, @matic22, @mckindog, @Midnight, @MrKnickerbocker, @Niall Kielt, @Poto, @Travis The Dragon
Previous Rounds:
League 1: Defeated Candlemass - Doomicus Epicus Metallicus 25-13.
Round of 32 - Match 7vs.
KotSK2.jpg

Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys, Pt. II (1988)

How it got here

List entries: Metal Rules 28, DigitalDreamDoor 43, Metal Kingdom 6
Maidenfans Nominators: @KidInTheDark666, @Poto
Previous Rounds:
League 2: Defeated Death - Symbolic 20-11.
League 1: Defeated Metallica - Kill ‘Em All 22-15.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sad_wings_of_destiny_cover.jpg

Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny (1976)

How it got here

List entries: Loudwire 18, Metal Rules 38, Metalstorm 41, DigitalDreamDoor 9
Maidenfans Nominators: @srfc, @The Flash
Previous Rounds:
League 1: Defeated Guns ‘n Roses - Appetite For Destruction 19-18.
Round of 32 - Match 8vs.
Black_Sabbath_debut_album.jpg

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath (1970)

How it got here

List entries: Rolling Stone 5, Loudwire 16, Metal Rules 17, Metalstorm 13, DigitalDreamDoor 5
Maidenfans Nominators: @Cornfed Hick
Previous Rounds:
League 1: Defeated Megadeth - So Far, So Good… So What? 24-13.

Time to give Helloween hell. Awaken the Dio and his diver most holy, and Murray shall slay the Keeper with his own eagle. Or something.

Priest put the sad into Sad Wings. Sabbath time. Great debut album even if it's rough around the edges.

Very easy round. I already commented on these albums the last time around, so I’ll keep it brief here.

A strong Dio album trounces a mostly weak Helloween album. Sorry, KipInTheDoto1031, but McKinderdoggeris The DrakalotonFTBed Drickieltnightmatic2’s choice comes out on top. Winner: Dio

A strong Judas Priest album trounces a mostly boring Sabbath Tap Mk. II Jazz Odyssey album. Plus, this Sabbath album eliminated @MrKnickerbocker ‘s favorite Megadeth record from the GMAC, and that must not stand! Sorry, @Cornfed Hick, but The Flasrfch’s nominee is superior. Winner: Judas Priest

Dio and Judas Priest

Helloween was somewhat close but even Keeper and I Want Out can compare to Don't Talk To Strangers and Rainbow In The Dark.

Helloween was somewhat close but even Keeper and I Want Out can compare to Don't Talk To Strangers and Rainbow In The Dark.
Or “Stand Up and Shout”, “Holy Diver”, “Caught in the Middle”, and, my personal favorite, “Straight Through the Heart”. “I Want Out” is great too, but Holy Diver is a crunchy, crispy metal classic with godDAMN vocals and it’s really no contest.

Back