Great Australian Metal Bands

A

Anonymous

Ive been listening to some australian music and SHIT. They can play metal.

Heres a list of some of the better ones ive heard:
  • Ilium
  • Vanishing Point
  • Black Majesty
  • Balance of Power
  • Pathogen
If you know any other ones by all means type em.

A

Anonymous

Let's not forget Chaos Theory. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

A

Anonymous

I shall be the loser to mention...

AC/DC

I've also heard a good band named Jet. It's not really metal, more rock/hard rock, but they're good nevertheless.

A

Anonymous

[!--quoteo(post=129335:date=Feb 20 2006, 12:56 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 20 2006, 12:56 PM) [snapback]129335[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]I've also heard a good band named Jet. It's not really metal, more rock/hard rock, but they're good nevertheless.
[/quote]
You mean, like AC/DC? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Kynisk Sokol

Ancient Mariner
And lets not forget some of Australia's more extreme metal bands like Disembowelment, Bestial Warlust, The Berzerker and Destroyer 666. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

A

Anonymous

[!--quoteo(post=129335:date=Feb 20 2006, 01:56 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 20 2006, 01:56 PM) [snapback]129335[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I've also heard a good band named Jet. It's not really metal, more rock/hard rock, but they're good nevertheless.[/quote]
I only listened to one Jet album (I don't really know if they have more) and they sound good. Not exactly like AC, but good.
I think Rose Tattoo deserves to be mentioned here as well. They started in 1977.

A

Anonymous

[!--quoteo(post=129338:date=Feb 20 2006, 01:45 PM:name=Black Dragon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Dragon @ Feb 20 2006, 01:45 PM) [snapback]129338[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Disembowelment
[/quote]

This is just... wrong [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":(\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sad.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=130755:date=Mar 5 2006, 01:40 AM:name=Bonscott)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Bonscott @ Mar 5 2006, 01:40 AM) [snapback]130755[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I only listened to one Jet album (I don't really know if they have more) and they sound good. Not exactly like AC, but good.
[/quote]

I think they are a rather young band. I saw them at a big and commercial festival in Germany, so I believe they're just before their breakthrough. They really put a smile on my face.

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
[!--quoteo(post=129338:date=Feb 20 2006, 05:45 AM:name=Black Dragon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Dragon @ Feb 20 2006, 05:45 AM) [snapback]129338[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
And lets not forget some of Australia's more extreme metal bands like Disembowelment, Bestial Warlust, The Berzerker and Destroyer 666. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]
[/quote]
Y'know, sometimes I wonder if you just make these up. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Kynisk Sokol

Ancient Mariner
Look them up here and prove me wrong, mon amis

Oh, and Perun, Disembowelment are not a goregrind band, they were one of the pioneering death/doom metal bands of the early 90's. Relapse had re-released their only album "Transcendence Into The peripheral" fairly recently, which is great of them to do. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /] (As well as re-releasing the entire Atheist discography)

A

Anonymous

[!--quoteo(post=130852:date=Mar 5 2006, 07:16 PM:name=Black Dragon)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Black Dragon @ Mar 5 2006, 07:16 PM) [snapback]130852[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Look them up here and prove me wrong, mon amis[/quote]

Mes amis. Sorry. I have no right to correct other people's French [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"-_-\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sleep.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Oh, and Perun, Disembowelment are not a goregrind band, they were one of the pioneering death/doom metal bands of the early 90's. Relapse had re-released their only album "Transcendence Into The peripheral" fairly recently, which is great of them to do. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /] (As well as re-releasing the entire Atheist discography)
[/quote]

Sounds tr00 gr1m and n3cro nevertheless [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

Black Ace

Trooper
Jet have a very cool song called "Are you gonna be my girl" I think it got big because it was on a Vodaphone commercial, but it's awesome nontheless

Albie

Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.
[!--quoteo(post=129331:date=Feb 20 2006, 10:23 AM:name=ice_deth)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ice_deth @ Feb 20 2006, 10:23 AM) [snapback]129331[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Ive been listening to some australian music and SHIT. They can play metal.
[/quote]

Does anyone remember Mortal Sin? I have their fist two albums, and the second "Face of Despair" is absolutely brilliant.

A

Anonymous

never heard of em ARealDead1 but thats what i made this thread for.

OT- PATHOGEN at Metalstock in a few weeks.

A

Anonymous

Black Majesty
In Malcie's Wake
Voyager
Moredhel
Friar Rush
Vanishing Point
Eyefear
Lord
Crimsonfire
Pegasuz
Transcending Mortality

A

Anonymous

Aeturnus Dominion are my favourite, Dungeon, Destroyer 666, Gospell of the horns, Atomizer, The Berzerker and mytile ver lorth all deserve mentions.