Good books about metal/hard rock

Does anyone here recommend any good hard rock/metal-related books? It could be a guide book, a memoir, a history book, or whatever, if it's a book relating to hard rock/metal, list it! Here are some I like:

"Eddie Trunk's Essential Hard Rock and Heavy Metal", both volumes: My bibles!!! Great guide to all the great icons of hard rock and metal, as expected from the allmighty Eddie Trunk of course! I was lucky to get both books signed by him at a That Metal Show live event this past May(not a taping of the show, they just a Q&A session & comedy & trivia & etc) Hope volume 3 is in the works..

Martin Popoff's "Collector's Guides to Heavy Metal"- I have the first 2 volumes, the 70s one and the 80s one, both really good, very informative with a lot of albums listed, and they both came with cds... I know he has 90s and 2000s volumes out too, which I'm tempted to check out, just haven't gotten around to it... and Martin Popoff has written tons of other great rock and metal books, he also has a southern rock guide called "Southern Rock Review", and just finished "The Big Book of Hair Metal"

"Sounds of the Beast: The Complete Headbanging History of Heavy Metal" by Ian Christe, host of "Bloody Roots" on the Sirius XM metal station "Liquid Metal"(formerly "Hard Attack" on Sirius, back when Sirius and XM were seperate)- really good, basically the whole history of metal from Black Sabbath up to nu-metal, as you'd expect it to be told... The cover is awesome too

"Bang Your Head: The Rise and Fall of Heavy Metal"- I have this book on my phone, haven't gotten around to fully reading it yet, I will one of these days(This is where flight delays DO come in handy..)

and, I generally am not into the whole musician memoir thing, but I do like Slash and Duff McKagan's books, "Slash" and "It's So Easy.. and other lies"

lol, I'm sure it does, but as I mentioned, I'm not into the musician memoir that much, I think it just gets kinda old after a while.. but, I am kinda tempted to check out Alex Skolnick's book, "From Geek to Guitar Hero"

I sure know a good one, but it's in Dutch.
d17003076eb99f6a107e31d3b7d99b9c.jpg

If you like Aerosmith, I recommend their autobiography "Walk This Way". Best rock book I've ever read. The story is told not just by all band members but all associated people. Lots of fun trivia tidbits...

Alicia Perry (guitarist Joe Perry's wife in the 70s) hated Stephen Tyler and especially hated "Dream On". Every time the band played it she used it for a bathroom break. To this day (interviewed in the 90s) hearing the song on the radio makes her need to pee.

Remembering touring with Kiss in the 70s: the guitarist was a drunk, and the drummer a nice guy who liked coke. They never hung out with Gene or Paul, those guys weren't into the drugs.

Towards the bottom of their drug days, Tyler and Perry were at a party. Someone was playing "You See Me Crying" from Toys In The Attic. Tyler: "What a great song, we should cover that!" Perry: "That is us, you dope."

I only like a couple Aerosmith albums but that sounds awesome. :D

Back