Euro Black metal - Immortal
Gothic metal - Trastenia
Doom metal - opeth
Nu Metal - Like I give a Fuck
Hairy metal - Motely Crew
Trash metal - Nuclear Assault
Speed metal - persuader

Heavy Metal - Iron Maiden
Power Metal - DragonForce at the moment or CoB if they count as power.
US Death Metal - Cannibal Corpse or Crutch
Euro Death Metal - In Flames
Finnish-style Metal - Children of Bodom or Ensiferum
US Black Metal - None really...
UK Black Metal - Bal Sagoth (Immortal is norwegian, btw)
Goth metal - Sentenced if they count.
Doom Metal - Opeth
Nu Metal - As far as I'm concerned, the genre doesn't even exist... [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Hair Metal - Stryper (YAY!)
Thrash Metal - Encryption at the mo.

Heavy: Iron Maiden/Savatage
Progressive: Blind Guardian
Trash: (old) Iced Earth

I don't really listen to Death and Black.

BTW. This is just my opinion.

I called them thrash as their page said melo-thrash. Sorry, my mishtake... [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

BTW, I know the difference betwheen american death (more rythmic) and euro de'th (more melody/variation)but what is the difference betwheen US black and Euro black?

Megadeth? [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Nuclear Assault, Tankard, Sodom, destruction, and No Slayer :satan:

Oh, we're talking leading bands?

Ah fuck, I thought we were talking about personal favourites within each genre.

Damn, me stupid. Me go bang head against wall. :grin:

on Euro Death Metal... Hum.

I'm not certain whether I'd credit In Flames or Arch Enemy as the leading band in it per se... To be honest, Dark Tranquillity are to my mind the most innovative (not to mention downright best) band in that scene at the moment, but people aren't following their example so... I think I'd just give In Flames the nod as the leader, mainly due to a superior reputation...

I must agree,not only cuz they've got a good rep but they've also got one million bands ripping them off... [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well, that is debatable... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

In Flames are petrifying. They've done some good stuff, and will always have a place in my heart...

and even without that, Dark Tranquillity are better. So nyeh [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I would, but I want to listen to the album completely free of prejudice, so I'm avoiding all reviews.

Anyway, I should have my own copies of Skydancer/Of Chaos..., Minds I and Haven by tomorrow. Whoo! [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

btw, ELH - did my most recent email containing reviews get through, or am I to resend it?

no its not up yet, its at my mail server, will do it tonite, thanks for reminding [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back