Gary Moore - RIP

Albie

Keeping an open eye on the Weeping Angels.
Ex-Thin Lizzy (and the original Skid Row) guitarist Gary Moore has died this morning it has been reported. Source.

Very sad news, not sure what happened but the news is still pretty fresh.

Sudden news as well. (Not that I followed him but) I didn't know he was ill or that he was in any other life threatening position.

He was an influence on Helloween (Kai Hansen) as well: check out how much this hit "Out in the Fields" was the inspiration for "I Want Out".
(actually I Want Out is really a rip-off, it follows Out in the Fields for 90% or so)

RIP!

I've not followed him for many years now but I was a fan way back in the 80's. Black Rose by Thin Lizzy was my introduction to him then the odd bit of solo work. Parisienne Walkways was a favourite of mine.

Although I don't play it very often, I have always treasured Blues Alive very much. I have it on right now. It was the single record that got me interested in guitar-oriented rock music.

RIP, Gary Moore.

Forostar said:
Sudden news as well. (Not that I followed him but) I didn't know he was ill or that he was in any other life threatening position.

He was an influence on Helloween (Kai Hansen) as well: check out how much this hit "Out in the Fields" was the inspiration for "I Want Out".
(actually I Want Out is really a rip-off, it follows Out in the Fields for 90% or so)

RIP!

RIP indeed. Also, I really like Sonata Arctica's Cover of that song ( I know they covered both, but I mean Thin Lizzy's)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDm4NybGYVQ

Rest in Peace Gary Moore. I didn't listen to his solo songs often, but I'm listening to his Thin Lizzy stuff. He was a great guitarist and a great musician.  He was one of my mom's favourite musicians, I told the news to her and it was bad.

I'm listening to Still Got the Blues as a tribute, too. Now play with Phil Lynott again but this time in heaven Gary Moore !

I'm stunned. Always been one of my faves.
Always more into his rock stuff than the blues he's been putting out the past 20 years (although I liked that too).
:(

Foro, I had no idea of how alike "I Want Out" and "Out in the Fields" were. I remember the Gary Moore song from my youth but when I brought the Helloween single, "Out in  the Fields" was by then an almost distant memory. I never compared the two.

Moore should get a credit for I Want Out, the resemblance is not normal anymore. :/

I read about this comparison, a while ago, and it seems that Kai really has a hand of doing that (unfortunately on the last three or four Gamma Ray albums too much, due to lack of own inspiration).

Back