Forum "fixed"!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real World

Maindenfans.com Founder
Allegedly the server is now fixed. While this remains to be seen I have repaired the database again to hopefully resolve any posting issues anyone is having.
If there are STILL issues now then please post the error you are getting below and if necessary exact steps to reproduce them. Saying "The forum is giving me errors" is about as helpful as a legless man in a relay race. I will ignore your pleas for help unless you make an effort at giving me the information I need to resolve the problem

I tried to post a new topic in the Madness Forum and got the following error message:

Duplicate entry '[' for key 7
File: /home/maiden/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1505

"Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator." - got this when trying to post in the IMC. I can post here and in the madness forum.

I tried posting a massive amount of "Test"'s (as you did in the help forum) in the Madness thread, and it posted OK. When I tried to remove it, although succesful, it gave the following error:

Database Error: MySQL server has gone away
File: /home/maiden/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 419

This was all that was diplayed on the screen.

I tried again to post my Adrian Smith story but got the same error as before:

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

I get the
Database Error
Try again..... message when I tried to post in General Discussion, Madness and here in the Help forum.

Edit: This time it worked (obviously) the only difference between this and other times was that before I copied and pasted the error message and this time I just wrote down the beginning of it. Could that have made the difference between working and not?

Edit again: No I guess it was just a fluke because I copied and pasted in the General Discussion and it worked, wouldn't let me edit the post though, I would keep getting the error message again.

Out of curiosity, is it the database itself that is corrupt or is it some other underlying problem? (years of IT experience has taught me that not all error messages are 100% accurate, after all it could be act of writing to the database where the problem is rather than the database itself).
Can the database be rebuilt if it is corrupt?
Or is it the coding that is the problem?

I've got the"Database error please try again" each time I post in the french forum and even here since may 31. Except when I tried to post the word "test" on some topics (removed without problems)

But today it works.

Albie said:
Out of curiosity, is it the database itself that is corrupt or is it some other underlying problem? (years of IT experience has taught me that not all error messages are 100% accurate, after all it could be act of writing to the database where the problem is rather than the database itself).
Can the database be rebuilt if it is corrupt?
Or is it the coding that is the problem?

It seems to be the database. I imagine it has become corrupt as people have posted in the forum as mysql has crashed. I have repaired the databse several times but to no avail.
It's looking more and more like I am going to have to wipe the forum clean to fix the problem.

Two successful posts in a row, one in madness and the other in General Disussion. No error message at all, so either I'm getting lucky or the last repair fixed it.

I did just get an error posting in Madness. The error most of us have been getting:

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

I do hope its a one off. :(

I must add that I have posted elsewhere OK.

EDIT: I've just had the above error again, twice.

Just a thought, but would the repair of the database be better done whilst off-line? I would guess that may have already been tried, but if it hasn't...

Seems like I'm alright now. -_-

EDIT: Do change your mind, RW.

I've just had a couple of database error (as detailed above). It does seem to me that the help forum is the most stable, but elsewhere I'm having little or no luck.

Most of my errors are coming in the Madness forum, but I've had some in the General board as well.  Don't clear the forum, RW!  We can get through it! (well, when I say we, I really mean you, as the only one actively doing anything to fix the board, but....you get my drift, don't you? :-[)

Maybe if the madness forum was deleted and then set up again the forum would be back to normal?

As Silky said, that seems to be the major problem at the minute, with most people anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back