First japanese gig (May 21, 1981) to surface on Tarantura boot (?)

Hi,

announced on the famous japanese Tarantura label, the first Maiden gig in Tokyo, May 21, 1981 on 2CDs.

ironmaiden_japan.jpg

For newbies and others, Tarantura is mainly known for ultra high expensive releases on silver CDs, limited to 50 to 250 copies, sometimes in various editions. After focussing on Led Zeppelin bootlegs, they seemed to have recently purchased a lot of old tapes of japanese shows since the 70's. Sometimes this is not from the master, but from a low generation tape.

This is the first Iron Maiden release on that label, and this is called "Maiden Japan Vol 1".
In the past Tarantura made a few dating errors, but i'm pretty sure that this is really the first japanese gig (and the first Tokyo show), still unsurfaced (at least i don't know any known trader/taper with it).

In the last years, Langley (japanese CDR label) released a 2CDR of the common Tokyo (second gig, May 24) radiobroadcast, BUT with the missing last encore from an audience recording.
Maybe the "Maiden Japan Vol 2" will be the complete audience recording of May 24 gig (the radiobroadcast is edited, and missing the intro).

http://www.giginjapan.com/scan122/iron- ... vekill.htm

I will receive the Tarantura set from Japan when it will be released, and will probably torrent it (or Sousourn will do it) on dimeadozen.

If anyone has any news about the japanese recordings, don't hesitate to inform us  :ok:

See You

Vince

any idea where we can buy this new Tarantura release online? it's a silver pressed cd and i'd really love to have an original copy....  ;)

Hi,

for stupid idiots like me that are still buying bootlegs (^_^), i have a contact for that set. It is very expensive (well the usual japanese price for a 2CDs set, around 90 usd without postage), and i'm not sure of the total amount of copies produced... At least i'm ordering mine in a very few days, so if you can't wait a free torrent, contact me QUICKLY...

See You

Vince

PS : i just hope this is the "real deal". Even if it is not, Tarantura releases are so expensive and uncommon to find in Japan that it is worth it (i think).

Discotraxxx, what's the songlist on that boot?

Hi,

for now only the front cover of the set surfaced (thank to the Led Zepp fans that are buying Tarantura releases).
I'm not even sure that the tracklisting is on the back, as this is a cardboard set, with the CDs and poster wrapped inside and protected by a plastic sleeve (you have to open the set to be able to check the content).
At least this is on two CDs, so we can think that the gig is longer than 80m. Osaka (second gig) was 85m.

I will check to know if Tarantura already released sets with two CDs, even if the total length is less than 80m.
I can already confirm that in the past, Tarantura (and other Led Zepp labels) released 4CDs sets when it was possible to use only 3CDs.

See You

Vince

Thursday 6:30PM
May 21 1981 Koseinenkin-Kaikan Dai-Hall,
Tokyo Japan

Disc 1;
01. SE / opening
02. The Ides Of March
03. Wrathchild
04. Sanctuary
05. Twilight Zone
06. Remember Tomorrow
07. Another Life
08. Clive Burr drum solo
09. Another Life (reprise)
10. band introduction
11. Genghis Khan
12. Killers
13. Innocent Exile
14. Purgatory
15. Murders In The Rue Morgue

Disc 2;
01. Phantom Of The Opera
02. Iron Maiden
03. encore cheer
04. Running Free
05. encore cheer
06. Transylvania
07. Dave Murray Guitar solo
08. Drifter
09. encore cheer
10. Prowler
11. SE / ending
12. Announcement

must be something really special since it includes prowler.

mine is incoming, paid 85 usd ems included :)

cd received! indeed surfaced the first maiden concert in japan. considering its age, a very good to excellent audeience recording, whole show recorded, some slight clipping that doesnt affect the quality at all, high freqs are very clear proving to be master or first gen tape at most. package includes a gatefold cardboard sleeve, a nice colour poster and 2 factory pressed picture cds. very enjoyable, looking forward to vol 2  :)

Hi,

this set is LIMITED TO 100 COPIES for the FIRST EDITION !

I'm waiting my order in the next days too...

This will become the rarest bootleg i think !

See You

Vince

Hi,

i received my order today, the sets are GORGEOUS !

The gig is complete, and it seemed to be nor the Osaka gig, nor the broadcasted Tokyo gig.

The total running time is around 85 minutes.

See You

Vince

Back