Favourite Songs Longer Than Eight Minutes

Favourite Songs Longer Than Eight Minutes (Choose Five)

• The Rime of the Ancient Mariner

• Alexander the Great

• Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

• Sign of the Cross

• The Unbeliever

• The Angel and the Gambler

• The Clansman

• Don’t look to the eyes of a Stranger

• Dream of Mirrors

• The Nomad

• The Thin Line Between Love and Hate

• Dance of Death

• Paschendale

• Brighter Than a Thousand Suns

• For the Greater Good of God

• The Legacy

• Satellite 15… The Final Frontier

• Isle of Avalon

• The Talisman

• The Man Who Would be King

• When the Wild Wind Blows

• If Eternity Should Fail

• The Red and the Black

• The Book of Souls

• Empire of the Clouds

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mountil

Captain Charisma
I was going to say favourite epic songs, but epic is hard to define. Plus there is already an "epic" thread, and that thing is a gong show.

So to keep it simple, there are twenty-five songs longer than eight minutes. Choose your favourite five. There will likely be a bias towards the new album, but I figure why not take advantage of the the increased forum activity.

Talisman in the lead? That's a pleasant surprise, that song is fantastic and really grown on me.

Paschendale, Talisman, Rime, WTWWB and Sign take it,
although I imagine the more I listen to the title track and If Eternity Should Fail, the more I think they could take the positions away from the last two.

Alexander the Great, Dance of Death, The Nomad, If Eternity Should Fail and Empire Of The Clouds.

Was ridiculously hard, since 8 + minutes are my favourite kind of songs, and I love pretty much all of these songs!

It could have looked a little bit different and I would still have been pleased. But I tried my best, and when I look at it those picks just seem great.

Alexander The Great
Rime Of The Acient Mariner
The Clansman
The Legacy
Sign of the Cross

Very Hard to do, The Book of Souls ones are too new to rate them against their huge amount of Epics

Back