Favorite song never to have been played live

What is your favorite song never to have been played live?

• Prodigal Son

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Gangland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Invaders

• Quest for Fire

• Sun and Steel

• Flash of the Blade

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • The Duellists

• Back in the Village

• Deja Vu

• Alexander the Great

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • The Prophecy

• Only the Good Die Young

• Fates Warning

• Run Silent, Run Deep

• Mother Russia

• Fear is the Key

• Childhoods End

• The Fugitive

• Chains of Misery

• The Apparition

• Judas Be My Guide

• Weekend Warrior

• Look for the Truth

• 2 A.M.

• Judgement of Heaven

• The Unbeliever

• Como Estais Amigos

• The Nomad

• The Thin Line Between Love and Hate

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Montsegur

• Gates of Tommorrow

• New Frontier

• Face in the Sand

• Age of Innocence

• Total voters

Prowler_108

Trooper
Simple: Vote for your favorite Iron Maiden song that has never been played live.  Only album tracks are included so Virus etc. aren't here.  I don't think this has been done before but if it has my apologies.  Enjoy! btw mine is Alexander.

Well all of the debut, everything but one off Killers, and all of AMOLAD have been played, so they probably have less then most bands.  And AC/DC's had the same set for 15 years now

Man, I always dreamed of BITV opening the show or opening an encore or even breaking the silence after an epic song ends up. Just let rip into it, without any announcement. :edmetal:

Jeffmetal said:
Man, I always dreamed of BITV opening the show or opening an encore or even breaking the silence after an epic song ends up. Just let rip into it, without any announcement. :edmetal:

I've always thought that it would be awesome to have Alexander open an encore with the spoken word intro.  Imagine the reactions of the hardcore fans if that were to happen  :eek:

Perfect. My thoughts exactly! Then BITV following it or another epic. I think I'd piss in my jeans. Ahahahahahahahahahahah...

Jeffmetal said:
Perfect. My thoughts exactly! Then BITV following it or another epic. I think I'd piss in my jeans. Ahahahahahahahahahahah...
The most underrated thing about BITV is the fact that 2 Minutes to Midnight always overshadows it, even though Village is far superior.  :(

Much, much better. That intro riff is Metal as it can get. Those guitar duets are insane!!! Bruce's voice is demonic!!! 2 Minutes To Midnight were always the lesser on Powerslave, to me.

Jeffmetal said:
Much, much better. That intro riff is Metal as it can get. Those guitar duets are insane!!! Bruce's voice is demonic!!! 2 Minutes To Midnight were always the lesser on Powerslave, to me.
I feel exactly the same, and i've always thought that the Midnight riff was just a slightly redone version of the Prowler riff.

To me, it's a lot like Sabbath's Digital Bitch and first Jan's band White Spirit's Midnight Chaser. But I like the intro riff for 2 Minutes and the solos, lyrics are great, bass lines insane, but it drags. It's kinda onedimensional.

Jeffmetal said:
To me, it's a lot like Sabbath's Digital Bitch and first Jan's band White Spirit's Midnight Chaser. But I like the intro riff for 2 Minutes and the solos, lyrics are great, bass lines insane, but it drags. It's kinda onedimensional.

The lyrics are among their best, but same with Run to the Hills i've never understood what all the fuss was about.

I prefer Run To The Hills, but it's a song that's forcedly a 'live staple'. It never worked live. In fact, Bruce's voice can get a lot annoying on this one, live. An easy show staple would've been Sun And Steel. It would work perfectly live. As catchy as The Trooper or Flight Of Icarus and all of that because Piece Of Mind didn't have any single to lead off the album, critics said back in 1983. It seems we're reading it all over again about The Final Frontier, but Maiden was never a singles band (except in the usa, but there, every band has to be a 'best of' act).

I was in a Maiden cover band for about a month before getting kicked out for refusing to play RTTH last every show...apparently nobody else wanted to change it up a little.  :(

Prowler_108 said:
I've always thought that it would be awesome to have Alexander open an encore with the spoken word intro.  Imagine the reactions of the hardcore fans if that were to happen  :eek:
Here is my vision of it:
Fog fills the stage, the sound of a howling wind starts up and then the spoken intro comes in. FREAKING EPIC! :edmetal:

Back