As much as I enjoy Live After Death and Beast Over Hammersmith I wonder what live albums from other bands IM fans are into. I'm actually not really much of a metal guy, more of a classic / prog / hard rock fan. Here are some of my favorites:
- Rush - Exit Stage Left. This is my favorite album by anyone ever. I literally consider this the peak of all music.
- Yes - Yessongs & Keys to Ascension - Soaring, majestic brilliance with the technical chops to hypnotize.
- Led Zeppelin - Song Remains the Same. The best hard rock band ever at the height of their powers.
- U2 - Live at Red Rocks - Urgent, passionate and hard-edged in the early years.
- AC/DC - Let There Be Rock. Oh, we miss you Bon Scott. If Whole Lotta Rosie doesn't quicken your pulse then you're already dead.
- The Who - Live at Leeds. Great hard rock, especially Young Man Blues and A Quick One (While He's Away).
- The Ramones - Live Alive. A fast paced slam-dancing cardio workout of punk exuberance.
- Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya-Yas Out. Psychedelia-drenched blues orgy.
- Scorpions - World Wide Live. This is just personal. As a teenager this was heavily in my rotation and I still go back periodically.