Favorite Maiden Live Album (2010 Edition, voting closed)

What is your favorite Maiden live album?

• Live After Death

Votes: 48 30.6%
  • A Real Live/Dead One

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Live At Donington

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Rock In Rio

Votes: 51 32.5%
  • Beast Over Hammersmith

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • BBC Archives

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Death On The Road

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Flight 666

Votes: 26 16.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
With all the new members, the mods thought it was time to reboot some of these polls. Here's the new live album poll!

Remember, please post what you voted for and why.

For me: Live After Death (look at the avatar). Great song list. Great performances (except maybe Bruce in Aces High, that's a difficult song for a singer to open with). The first Maiden album I ever bought. One of the greatest live albums ever. There are too many reasons why LAD is the right answer. :bigsmile:

Rock in Rio. The set list is the best on any live album (SotC, Clansman, 5 of the 6 BNW songs aren't on any other live disc), the crowd are fantastic. Bruce's best vocal performance on a Maiden live album, imo. Dave's solo on SotC is perfect as in Jan's on Blood Brothers. Hallowed is great as always. Just a great album.

SinisterMinisterX said:
With all the new members, the mods thought it was time to reboot some of these polls. Here's the new live album poll!

Remember, please post what you voted for and why.

For me: Live After Death (look at the avatar). Great song list. Great performances (except maybe Bruce in Aces High, that's a difficult song for a singer to open with). The first Maiden album I ever bought. One of the greatest live albums ever. There are too many reasons why LAD is the right answer. :bigsmile:

That flight of icarus leaves something to be desired as well.

I'm going to say Rock in Rio barely edges out Raising Hell, because Raising Hell had some lackluster performances to go along with some great ones (Seriously, the NPTD material was awesome, and as was SSOASS stuff.)

Rock In Rio. If Live After Death was recorded at Hammersmith or on Rock In Rio I, then I'd probably choose it.

Once again, Rock In Rio. It's when I came in. Read SMX's post, replace Rock in Rio for LAD, and it's the same experience.

I wanted to put flight 666 or LaD, but dang it, RiR will allways beat nostalgia and new versions therof, excellent playlist and incredible excecution thereof, just incredible =)

Beast Over Hammesmith!  :edmetal:

Such a greatness! Great energy! great sound! great setlist! great EVERYTHING!!!!  :shred:

+ Bruce at his best  :D

Once more, Beast Over Hammersmith. The performance is brilliant, and it's great to hear all these classic staples as fresh songs.

Abas said:
Where's Maiden England?  :huh:

That's a video.

Yes, I know there's a CD version - but it's quite rare. Maiden England is not an official live album.
Perun said:
Once more, Beast Over Hammersmith. The performance is brilliant, and it's great to hear all these classic staples as fresh songs.

Beast would easily be my #2. I played it a few days ago, absolutely amazing.

So are my boots from the Beast and Piece tours. It's possible Maiden was just amazing at every show back then.

For me it was between Death on the Road and Rock in Rio. But Death on the Road got my vote, mainly for sentimental reasons...it was the first Maiden album I ever purchased, live or studio. And it got me into lots of songs I hadn't heard before.

My dilemma was LAD vs. RiR, but Rock In Rio has Sign of the Cross which to me is the absolute highlight on it, so my vote goes there.

Flight 666 holds nostalgia value for me as having the same setlist as my first Maiden show, but Rock in Rio is still better. 
Also, as of this tour, I've seen live the majority of the songs on the album.

I voted Beast Over Hammersmith because although the setlist isn't as interesting as some others, the performance is top notch.

Beast Over Hammersmith for me, just a great showcase of a band mere weeks before hitting the big big time.

Live After Death comes second for purely nostalgic reasons as I've played that more than any of the others combined.

Rock in Rio a distant third.

BOH, LAD and RIR are the best live albums Maiden have done. BOH shows how great the band was at that early stage, songs sound so fresh, there's that aggressive attitude and Bruce is at his best.Maybe by just a little bit this one is my fave.

Changed my vote to Flight 666.
For someone like me, there's no nostalgic value to any of the live albums, and so I feel compelled to vote for the album with the best performance and production values.

Back