Fan ticket trades?

alevengood

Prowler
Hello. 

I am new to this site and I don't see any fan ticket trades listed in this section or on this board.  In the past I had great luck getting face value tickets on www.iorr.org for Stones tickets and www.backstreets.com for Springsteen tickets.  Any suggestions or links to similar sites would be appreciated.  I was a big fan back in the 80's and saw the POM, Powerslave, SIT and SSOASS tours.  I lost interest when Adrian left the band, but I rediscovered them the last year or so.  I am looking for a close single or pit ticket for the Dallas show next week. Thank you in advance. 

Cheers,

Andrew       

Before you get a curt "try eBay" response from one of the crusty vets, bear in mind the following:  for many of the shows, the band is using electronic tickets, which means that you need to present the credit card that paid for the ticket to get in.  This is designed to preclude scalping and ticket brokers, and largely prevents people from re-selling tickets.  Not sure whether that is how tickets were done in Dallas, but you've been warned.  If you get a ticket, you may have to show up with the person who bought it.  Ticketmaster or LiveNation may also have an aftermarket for electronic tickets that people can't use. 

cornfedhick,

Yes, the electronic ticket system is how they are doing the pit tickets next week.  The eBay sellers require you to meet at the ticket booth/gate prior to the show and you enter with them.  That is not a big deal to meet up prior to the show as everyone has a cell phone and it is easier than saying "I am dude at the front gate with a black Iron Maiden t-shirt, beer gut, glasses and fading glory mullet. You can't miss me!"  As far as the reserved tickets listed on eBay, it appears that they are hard tickets that you receive in the mail.  The Ticketmaster on sale page has ticketless info, but it no longer has an active "click here" option.  I know that seats will be released in the days and hours prior to showtime, but I wanted to roll the dice now and see if I had any luck. I like those other sites because you don't have to pay above face value to trade from one fan to another.  Either way I will be there next week, a mere 22 years since my last Iron Maiden show.

Cheers,

Andrew   

Back