Fan Magazine 100 (SPOILERS)

@LooseCannon Could this thread also be for album reviews from people who receive promo copies of the album? Those are bound to start showing up any time. And maybe any other very specific things that are said about the album instead of just general speculation and such.

Last edited:
One thing that was of interest that UpTheIrons said was in the 99.5 magazine. I feel this is worth re-posting here so people don't have to dig through tons of posts to see it.
Not much salient information regarding the new album in the fan magazine, apart from the fact that Dave apparently was aiming for a Number of the Beast/Piece of Mind era style guitar sound.

EDIT: Also a pretty cool picture of the band standing in front of a Mayan-style pyramid.
All those super long songs combined with the sound of Maiden's 2 very best albums! OH YA!!!

@LooseCannon Could this thread also be for album reviews from people who receive promo copies of the album? Those are bound to start showing up any time. And maybe any other very specific things that are said about the album instead of just general speculation and such.
Travis, of course the fanclub mag can be about the album. But exactly these matters are kept away from the regular album- and song-topics themselves. So, I do not find it logical to put stuff that is not in a fanclub mag here. That's confusing.

Totally pointless thread! If someone scan the 100 fc mag, please, send me a link via pm.

The 'spoiler' tag always worked perfectly as on the TFF release time and during the first gigs of the tour.

Last edited:
The articles with Dave/Colin and Tony were very interesting. Love the "behind the scenes" stuff on the remastering project. I hope there is more of that type of stuff and less Trooper beer bullshit in future issues.

Does it say if the remastering project was just for iTunes or is there going to be a re-release campaign for the CDs in the future?

Does it say if the remastering project was just for iTunes or is there going to be a re-release campaign for the CDs in the future?
Nothing mentioned about CDs. Don't have the issue at hand right now, but essentially their reasoning behind it was that most average consumers download music now and settle for shit quality because they don't know any better, and now there is an alternative.

What I found most hilarious is the fact that the old 7th Son masters were actually on Betamax tapes :facepalm:

The articles with Dave/Colin and Tony were very interesting.
For me especially the Dave/Colin articles. Looks like Dave used lots of new effects for the album. And only Gibson guitars, if I understood that correctly.

As a Jethro Tull fan, I found it interesting to read that Adrian used a 1970 Fender Stratocaster, once owned by Martin Barre(!), for one song on the album.

Back