Empire of the Clouds vinyl single for Record Store Day

Likewise. I don't have a record player, but for once, that's a vinyl I'd really like to own.

Very cool, I look forward to seeing the artwork and the b-side interview sounds interesting as well.

:yawn:

CFH's fearless prediction: This will be a ripoff. A song you already own, plus some new artwork, for a premium price. If you're lucky, some idiot will pay even more in a couple of years for purely collectible value. Picture discs of AMOLAD or Final Frontier are commanding prices higher than the original list price. But a sucker is born every minute.
:p

:yawn:

CFH's fearless prediction: This will be a ripoff. A song you already own, plus some new artwork, for a premium price. If you're lucky, some idiot will pay even more in a couple of years for purely collectible value. Picture discs of AMOLAD or Final Frontier are commanding prices higher than the original list price. But a sucker is born every minute.
:p

So a solid investment :)

I do wonder how they'll play this with the artwork. Eddie hacking an ailing airship to bits wouldn't be in good taste.

Record Store day was one of the reasons I got back into vinyl a few years ago, but I am going to have to skip this one. If there was any music (an unused jam from the BOS sessions, a live track or two, a cover or two, etc.) rather than an interview I would have been all over it. Guess my RSD purchase this year will be limited to Gwar-Scumdogs of the Universe.

The interview sounds cool to me, I love behind the scenes stuff like that. Hopefully they fill up the whole side with it.

I don't know about the interview bit. Bruce explained everything about The Empire of The Clouds in all of the interviews (printed or on video) leading up (or after release of) The Book of Souls...So I feel that we won't get too much news out of listening to that.

With regards to the album sleeve I'm on the fence. On one hand its cool to see a more "mature" Maiden sleeve without Eddie having to dominate...but...I still miss getting a new Eddie :D

Back