Ed Force One Crashes in the Alps With All on Board Lost...

Taker

Cannon Fodder
Steve Harris, who had planned on catching up with the rest of the band the following day, had remained in England to attend to a family emergency. Now, in tribute to his five deceased bandmates, Steve has decided to do a huge outdoor farewell concert, and has to choose five musicians worthy to share the stage with him in this tribute. If you were Steve, who would you approach to help you out?

If I were Steve my choices might be:

Drums... Anton Fig...He's got a big sound like Nicko, and is technically brilliant.
Guitar... Michael Schenker... I think he'd do justice to Adrian's guitar parts.
Guitar... Ritchie Blackmore... I think Janick's spot would be admirably filled, provided Steve could get him to stop playing that lame shit that he does now.
Guitar... George Lynch... Dave would be the toughest guitarist to find a fill in for, but I think that Lynch's technical prowness might allow him to suceed.
Vocal... Rob Halford... Can't think of anyone else that might even begin to pull it off...

I pick the Ed Force one not crashing. Is this what we've come too? Speculating on what would happen if the entire band died??

I was like, WTF!  :blink: :blink: :blink:
Don't do that again, or even just write something there, like "It's a joke" or something.

If something like that happens I am 101% sure that Steve will never gonna chose somebody else.

Somehow I don't think he meant to gives us the shakes on purpose. I guess his aim was to ask which musicians Steve might play with instead of his Maiden band mates. He brought it not that handy, though I saw immediately on which board it was posted.

On the other hand: if it was a serious question, then it was on the wrong board.

Forostar said:
which musicians Steve might play with instead of his Maiden band mates
Okay, this question sounds better (moderators should rename the thread). My wishes:
Vocals: Matt Barlow, Michael Kiske and Tim "Ripper" Owens
Guitars: Kai Hansen (Janick's parts), John Petrucci (Adrian's parts), Chris Broderick (Dave's parts)
Drums: Dave Lombardo
Orchestrations & Keyboards: Don Airey

Forostar said:
Somehow I don't think he meant to gives us the shakes on purpose.
Thanks for the benefit of a doubt Forostar. The rest of you gotta lighten up.... this is a madness forum, right?

I have no intentions of renaming this thread. If you can't figure out it's a joke because it's in the Madness forum, you need to pay more attention.

Vocals: I've thought about this long and hard, and the only (living) person today who I think could do Maiden songs properly is Matt Barlow.
Guitars: John Petrucci, Ritchie Blackmore, the ghost of Adrian Smith (Seriously, Stevie Vai)
Drums: Scott Travis

I agree about Matt Barlow completely, he's my second favorite vocalist ever.

I can't imagine a guitarist filling in for H or Dave, so I can't really choose anyone specific. Maybe Dennis Stratton, seeing as he has one of my favorite Maiden solos ever on Strange World.
As for the drummer, he can go with anyone. I'm not picky about drummers: as long as you can play a nice groove you're good to me.

LooseCannon said:
I have no intentions of renaming this thread. If you can't figure out it's a joke because it's in the Madness forum, you need to pay more attention.

It's not immediately obvious that it's in the madness forum if you use the "Show unread posts since last visits" or "Show new replies to your posts" features, where it's in small text under/after the topic title. 

And that won't change if I rename the thread, either, as it will be Re: previous name.

Invader said:
It's not immediately obvious that it's in the madness forum if you use the "Show unread posts since last visits" or "Show new replies to your posts" features, where it's in small text under/after the topic title. 
Sorry to shake up your world, Dude :) ...all in fun, right?

Invader said:
It's not immediately obvious that it's in the madness forum if you use the "Show unread posts since last visits"

Yes, it is. That's how I saw it. I blinked at the title, but then I noticed which forum it's in.

Perhaps it depends on which skin you're using - I don't know how that screen looks on other skins.

And for anyone who thought it was bad taste, get over it. I've seen threads like this (with the same morbid premise) on the Dream Theater forum, and it's never been much of a problem there. (And those mods are much stricter than us!)

NightProwler666 said:
Okay, this question sounds better (moderators should rename the thread). My wishes:
Vocals: Matt Barlow, Michael Kiske and Tim "Ripper" Owens

These were the first ones that came to mind.  :ok:

Vocals: M.Kiske or Ripper
Guitars: Joe Satriani replacing Dave( of course he would be forced to play on a fender.If not he gets kicked out and Yngwie comes in  :D )
Guitars: Zakk Wylde replacing Smith for those vibratos.
Guitars: Marty Friedman replacing Gers and adding some madness.
Drums: Mike Portnoy (he's forced as well to use a drumkit similar to Nicko's.He won't refuse for sure.  :D)

Murder89 said:
These were the first ones that came to mind.  :ok:

Vocals: M.Kiske or Ripper
Guitars: Joe Satriani replacing Dave( of course he would be forced to play on a fender.If not he gets kicked out and Yngwie comes in  :D )
Guitars: Zakk Wylde replacing Smith for those vibratos.
Guitars: Marty Friedman replacing Gers and adding some madness.
Drums: Mike Portnoy (he's forced as well to use a drumkit similar to Nicko's.He won't refuse for sure.  :D)
yea. Zakk Wylde would love to be in maiden.  ::)

it was a joke, he has said some pretty bad things about maiden in the past.

Back