Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Accept - Princess Of The Dawn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saxon - Crusader

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
I did not add ''Hallowed Be Thy Name'' because it would have predetermined the winner.

So, which one of the following epics you like the most ?

Phantom Of The Opera, it's just my Iron Maiden song and I think one of the greatest of all time. I can be critical of Harris's work but this bass in that song is just unbelievably well and cleverly written and composed so well. It's a perfect epic in every single way

Phantom stands heads and shoulders above its competition. I don't think it's one of the most outstanding Maiden songs, but it bests the offerings of other artists quite easily.

Never been a Saxon fan but Crusader was one of the very first metal songs I heard, 86 I think, so I have a soft spot for it.

I really like Phantom, but I really really like Victim of Changes. Nothing can beat than Unleashed In the East version.

I voted for Phantom Of The Opera, because it is a eternal classic and one of the all time greatest heavy metal songs.

Victim Of Changes is great, but never really been a song that I like so much. Priest are not a band that creates so many epics.

On the other hand, Princess Of The Dawn is superb (on close second right after POTO) - the whole melodic riff, the solo, everything is fantastic. An all time classic.

Crusader is good song too. Again, Saxon do not creates so many epics, but this one is for sure very good. Amazing intro, chorus and brutal riff.

I also considered to add more early epics (from other bands) like Battle Hymn, Stairway To Heaven, War Pigs, Child In Time etc, but my first idea was to be 4 bands, so I sticked to that.

Last edited:
Back