Dumbest Maiden related upload on YouTube

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
This is ridiculous. It goes wrong on all fronts:

The Soundhouse Tapes Full Album
Album?
Full Album?

If you ever going to make an expanded version of The Soundhouse Tapes, then add Strange World. Didn't happen. Instead, this happened:

1-Iron Maiden
2-Prowler
3-Running Free
4-Rythm of the Beast
5-Sanctuary
6-Transylvania
7-Drifter
8-Invasion

Running Free? Sanctuary? Transylvania? Drifter? These songs have nothing to do with The Soundhouse Tapes.
Rythm of the Beast?
Rhythm of the Beast?
*rubs eyes*
Both wrong again. Wrong spelling and from all songs mentioned, this one has the least to do with this release. :lol:

I am not even going to listen to find out if the guy uploaded correct versions of Iron Maiden, Prowler and Invasion. But the track order of these songs is also wrong.

If you think this is it, you've got another thing coming when we look at the presented line-up. If you ever going to make an expanded version of the line-up, then add Paul Cairns, because everything points towards that. Or mention the usual, old school, "regular" quartet, which can be found on the original credits, and of course on countless websites. Did he choose one of these options? Nope. This happened instead:

Paul Di'Anno-Vocals
Adrian Smith-Guitars,Back-Up Vocals
Dave Murray-Guitars
Steve Harrinson-Bass,Back-Up Vocals
Clive Burr-Drums

:confused:

Adrian Smith? Clive Burr? On The Soundhouse Tapes? Nope.

I don't think Steve Harrinson played on it either.

Back-Up Vocals? A funny way of bring it. Well, there's little truth in it for Steve, since he had to do vocals for some songs during a show where Paul got arrested before the band went on stage.

Last edited:
Hmm isn't his son called George? George Harris ==> George Harrison ==> Steve Harrison ==> Steve Harrinson. :nuts:

Does that mean that Steve's son plays the bass on The Soundhouse Tapes? There's some weird time warp going on here. :confused:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have the proof here that time travel exists.

Does that mean that Steve's son plays the bass on The Soundhouse Tapes? There's some weird time warp going on here. :confused:
It means that George Harrison, who was around after a night of Cambridge "sightseeing", suddenly entered Spaceward Studios. Before anybody could say "boo" or "bah" he took Steve's bass from his hands, right at the moment when the band started recording the song Iron Maiden. The guitar intro had started, the tape was rolling, and nothing could be changed at that moment. George Harrison was playing bass with Iron Maiden on the song Iron Maiden and nothing could be done about it. In the process he also did Shut-Up Vocals.

After the song was recorded, the whole band decided to keep it. When Steve was asked for his opinion on the matter he only nodded with open mouth. He just wanted to stand and stare. The band took that for a consent, and thus they could continue with the next song. George Harrison suddenly left, after he patted Paul Cairns' dog softly on the head.

Not long after, George Harrison wrote a letter to Steve in which he asked if he could stay anonymous on the matter, because he didn't want to be associated with heavy rock. Only in secret he would play such music.

Steve was so confused by this happening, that he did not only make George Harrison anonymous, he also did that with Paul Cairns. Also, in 1979 he decided that if he ever got a son, he would name him after the Beatles legend.

Last edited:
Actually, according to Paul Di'anno, Harrison was going to be the band's permanent bassist while Harris and Cairns would write songs and sing duets. But George stormed out when the band refused to let Yoko Ono stay in the studio.

Thus, the song Charlotte the Harlot was born.

This is ridiculous. It goes wrong on all fronts:

About 15 years ago I got unnamed b-side multi-CD Maiden compilation bootleg with songs such as Zero, Oh Baby, Beehive Boogie...those are wrongly labeled McBrain/Murray stuffs from the drum clinic, there was other funky named stuff too. I'll see if I still have it somewhere. Besides, Somewhere on Tour's instrumental, we have never verified that it is really called Walking on Glass.

What I mean is that it is not a original uploader's issue that bootlegger got it wrong :D

Besides, Somewhere on Tour's instrumental, we have never verified that it is really called Walking on Glass.

That guitar solo included bits from Walking on Glass, so I guess that is the reason it was called that on many bootlegs.

Isn't it called Walking in the Air? It is the third part of the SoT instrumental, melody that Dave plays, after tradeoffs and the harmony part.

Walking in the Air is the name of the original piece of music yeah, I always assumed it was nicknamed Walking on Glass because a guitar solo sort of sounds like shards of glass if you get what I mean

Back