Drummer DAVE HOLLAND: 'I Am Bisexual'

Former JUDAS PRIEST Drummer DAVE HOLLAND: 'I Am Bisexual' - Jan. 20, 2004

Former JUDAS PRIEST drummer Dave Holland (photo) revealed in a British court Monday (January 19) that he was bisexual, but denied claims he attempted to rape a special needs teenager while giving drum lessons, according to a British Broadcasting Corporation report.

Holland, 55, of The Green, Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire, told Northampton Crown Court that he had thought the teenager was bisexual and had told him of his own bisexual background, but denied having any sexual motives for befriending him.

Holland said: "He was aware that I am bisexual. I believed that he was of the same persuasion as myself.

"He was very fond of me, the same as I was of him.

"He would even tell me I was his best friend. He would tell me that he loved me. It wasn't a sexual thing, it was affection.

"There might have been the odd hug or something like that.

"I know it is politically incorrect nowadays but kids like to be shown a bit of affection."

His co-accused, Spiros Laouitaris, 22, of Bourne Crescent, Kings Heath, Northampton, denies four charges of indecent assault.

Nicola Cafferkey, representing Laouitaris, alleged that Holland had arranged the visits of her client and the teenager to instigate sex between the three.

Holland said: "Don't be ridiculous, madam, I resent the innuendo."

OMG this news is so old! [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Didn't you know the guy is already sentensed!

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Rock drummer 'abused teenage boy'

A rock band drummer is accused of raping 17-year-old boy
A former drummer with rock band Judas Priest sexually abused a 17-year-old youth with special needs who visited his home for lessons, a court was told.
David Holland, 55, who played with the heavy metal band in the 70s and 80s, faces one charge of attempted rape and five counts of indecently assaulting the teenager.
Spiros Laouitaris, 22, who also stayed at the musician's cottage, is charged with four counts of indecently assaulting the same teenager.

Mr Holland, of The Green, Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire, and Mr Laouitaris, of Bourne Crescent, Kings Heath, Northampton, deny all the charges.

Maria Savvides, prosecuting at Northampton Crown Court, said the alleged incidents came to light in December 2002 when the teenager sent a letter to his parents implying the abuse.

The boy's parents had encouraged the drumming lessons to improve their son's self-esteem.

As the relationship between teacher and pupil grew, they had allowed their son to stay over at his home on a number of occasions.

"The letter revealed that things were happening at his drum teacher's house that should not have been happening," Miss Savvides told the court.

The teenager, now 18 but not named for legal reasons, described in a video interview the assaults and the attempted rape during the seven months he visited Mr Holland's house.

He also alleged that Mr Laouitaris joined in assaults.

Sex act

Miss Savvides said the boy had managed to stop Mr Holland from raping him in his house but said he had been abused in other ways.

Referring to the rock drummer as Dave, the boy described how the assaults began at Mr Holland's cottage six months after he began having lessons.

The teenager said he had felt "uncomfortable" when Mr Holland tried to perform a sex act on him.

Earlier the court heard the teenager had suffered problems at school from an early age and took part in a number of activities to improve his learning difficulties.

The trial was adjourned until Friday. [/quote]

I could only find the news about him being guilty in Dutch, sorry.

Suppose this shoots the idea of an 80's Priest reunion in the foot for 8 years.

He got 8 years in prison for a hug and an advance? Somebody tell me I'm reading this thread incoorrectly!! [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

p.s. I always thought something was up with Dave given that rather fey moustache he displayed in the Turbo gatefold pics! [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back