'Doctor Doctor'

A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Doctor Doctor' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'doctor Doctor'

Best cover ever by Iron Maiden. And I'm not saying this lightly.

Being a fan of UFO, I was amazed at this song when I first heard it because I actually found it better than the original !

As you understood, it's one of my favorite tune and it shows how powerful and emotional the voice of Blaze is.

They should have written VXI with this in mind.

Masterpiece: 5 stars.

Cheers

'doctor Doctor'

270 votes and only one comment [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

What a rocker gem! I love the smooth guitars, headbanging rhythm section and, of course Blaze. He is really amazing on this one - the slickness in his voice, especially when he sings moment, situation etc. at the end of verses, goes well with the guitars. And, also the nice drumming, especially during the chorus, as well as in my favourite "classic" rock ending. [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

As for the original by UFO, it is indeed excellent. I just like the fact that Maiden has more smoothness and a better voice to go with it.

'doctor Doctor'

Agreed yet again, great song originally and the Maiden version takes the song, shakes it up, and adds more atmosphere and better guitar parts and a tightness and togetherness that was missing in the UFO version.

I simply adore Maiden's cover of this song. It's a song that's an important part of their history anyway, and the elegance and poise that they deliver it with is remarkable. I think Blaze does a terrific job with the vocals, and it's easily one of my favourites from his period with the band.

Such a cool cover of UFO classic. Agree about tightness and togetherness that was missing on original version.

Back