Do you hate laser pointers?

IronDuke

Ancient Mariner
these little things have been known to severely damage people's eyesight and ruin Megadeth concerts.
Dave Mustaine flipped out at the use of them ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=jicWEmS3CHA )

I was at a movie with soem friends once, and the teenagers in front of us were using one on the screen. It was funny at first, but got annoying very quickly. So I eventually grabbed the culprit's wrist, took the laser out of his hand, and smashed it under my foot (they cost less that one dollar, so it wasn't a great loss).
The kid tried to act tough, but I simply stood up (I'm a very imposing person) and told him to stop ruining the film for me, or else we'd go outside and "discuss this further." At that, he shut up and minded his own business for the rest of the film.

Does anyone have any amusing laser anecdotes?

OOOOOH man, you touched upon my favorite subject from age 14-17ish lol
My friends and I were those annoying teenagers ruining movies, concerts or just a day at the mall for everybody else and LOVED it. LOOOOOOVED it. Still do hahaha, really fun memories. one of our favorite activities was to seek out couples and shine it at the woman's chest and have the guy point it out, ooh man the look of surprise on their faces. Most found it funny, some women would be embarrased and few would actually be angry. Children were fun because they'd try to catch it. :D I'll stop there and let someone else share hehe

Onhell said:
My friends and I were those annoying teenagers ruining movies, concerts or just a day at the mall for everybody else and LOVED it.

FAIL.

Anyways, the only use I could see for laser pointers are to make it easier to shoot the morons who use them. Oh, the irony. Just another example of all the useless wank people buy today along with singing plastic fish (it's only remotely funny the fifty times, people). More garbage for the landfill! As if it wasn't big enough.

I know, I'm ranting.

Egg.

IronDuke said:
these little things have been known to severely damage people's eyesight and ruin Megadeth concerts.
Whats quite funny about this is the stating of eyesight damage and a bit of a heckle at a Megadeth gig in the same sentence - as if there are both as equally a terrible thing as the other. But the clip does show Mustaine's arrogance once again - "...and I have the microphone, I can say whatever I (dramatic pause) want to."

Don't fuck with Dave that's all I gotta say.  LOL.  I remember seeing that before.

Oh, and one more thing.  The laser pointers are great gifts for your overly energetic and playful cats.  Just make sure you don't point it towards anything fragile or hard surfaced like a wall.  Damn!  I've never seen anything dumb enough to run into a wall.  :(  Well, the slippery floor was probably the main culprit... I hope.

... And if you think laser pointers are annoying when flashed on screens, consider yourself lucky nobody was licking and throwing sticky gummy bears on the white screen.

Back