Different World Guitar Solo

Hey, guys I've been playing guitar for a while and like to cover many Iron Maiden songs, some of which have been When the Wild Wind Blows (my first cover) and Dream of Mirrors. I've decided to take a break of playing original songs that I've written for my band to learn another Maiden tune. I'm learning Different World. I can play all of the song and Adrian's solo except for the part where he uses both of his hands on the fret board.

Does anyone know how to play using this technique. I would appreciate the help.  :bigsmile:

The technique is known as two-hand tapping. Not sure if that is the technical name for it.

Do you play by ear or do you need tabs? If you play by ear then just watch the video Maiden did for that song. (click here and skip ahead to about 2:50)

Thanks for the video, I can learn some songs by ear, I learnt most of Hallowed be thy name and the trooper by ear, but for this song I needed tab. The video is really helping me, I can sorta see what he's hitting. Wish me luck, I should have it perfected soon, I have nothing to do tomorrow so I will devote most of my day to it haha, When I'm done I will post a video of me covering the song :shred:

Back