Dennis Wilcock

Nope. The earliest bootleg in circulation (the 1979 Music Machine gig) is with Paul on vocals. The only person who might have what you are looking for is Steve Harris (at least he claims to do so).

I don't think there are any recordings of Wilcock circulating at all. I know that Paul Day, the very first Maiden singer, was briefly in Sweet and recorded a live album with them. I think there are some clips on YouTube if you want to hear what he sounded like.

You can also check out the album Warhead by More, which has Day on vocals. Brilliant stuff! :)

Dennis joined V1 after Maiden and then Gibraltar. I have a 3 track demo of Gibraltar recorded at Spaceward with Dennis on lead vocal. Cheers, Tony.
By the way, does anyone know where Dennis Wilcock is these days? I'd like to get back in touch with Den, I have a gig proposition for him. Cheers, Tony.

The First Maiden recordings are "The Soundhouse Tapes" with Di' Anno, so, Paul Day and Dennis Wilcock didn't have the honor to sing in the greatest heavy metal band of all time...

Erm they sung in Iron Maiden no Paul Day means 26 gigs less for Mr Harris to hone his skills Dennis Willcock was a seasoned front man who was asked to cast his eye over singers auditioning for Paul Days job! Steve persuaded Dennis to do a couple of numbers and he joined. All of the early members were more important that anyone other than Steve in the current band as they built the base for the band to build on they wrote the songs on the first two albums Dennis Willcock sang Phantom of the Opera Wrathchild before Dianno they would have made it without Bruce because they already had made it. Ron rebel was a great drummer back in the day and no disrespect to Clive half the stuff on the first two album was in existence long before he played it....

All of the early members were more important that anyone other than Steve in the current band as they built the base for the band to build on they wrote the songs on
By this logic, Rob McGovney is the Metallica bass player and Tony Iommi an integral part of Jethro Tull. No disrespect to the early members of Iron Maiden, but that is a ridiculous exaggeration.

the old versions a great and Yax you have no idea what you are talking about there would be no band because nobody would have watched them no Dennis Willcock no Dave Murray no Iron Maiden 10517448_774649859223813_2597410120131380856_n.jpg

Attachments

• Demo tape bp.jpg
    Demo tape bp.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 50
And without Ron McGovney there would perhaps have been no Metallica and therefore he's more important than Cliff. That's where I'm getting. While they were there in the formation, they are not what defines the band and therefore it's ridiculous saying Paul Day is more important to Iron Maiden than Bruce Dickinson. While the former was there first, the other is the guy that's been there for 25 years.

I understand where you're coming from, but your point gets lost to me when you claim the earlier members, present on no official recordings, are more important than the guys actually playing on the albums and have been playing the gigs for quite a few years. Look, I am nitpicking, but that phrasing kinda rubbed me the wrong way a bit.

Somebody is really keen on promoting Denis Willcock here.

Last edited:
Well, obviously none of us kids were around when he was in Maiden, so we'll just have to take his word for it.

I just wonder what the point is in posting a photo of a bootleg all the time, and in saying "the old versions are great" and providing no proof to back it up, yet telling people they don't know what they're talking about. Or saying things about "truth" on a Facebook page without even hinting at what that "truth" might be.

Look, @Chudmyster , we are all perfectly willing to accept and believe that Willcock-era is the only era when it comes to Iron Maiden, but you really have to provide at least some evidence for that, and not call out people who doubt what you are saying. We are really interested in hearing stories of Willcock-era Iron Maiden, but you'd have to tell them. This way, I'm not really sure what you are trying to do here.

The proof that the bootleg is real is in this photo they guy at the front Martin recorded it the guy in the middle is Dennis Willcock and I am the person at the front Dennis has heard it the quality is great

Attachments

• Maiden77 Martin.jpg
    Maiden77 Martin.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 63
Back