Def Leppard

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
It's about time to be created a thread for this band!

One of the great NWOBHM bands. Classic band from the 80's ! Joe Elliott's voice is very good. Their best album is Pyromania [1983] IMO - one of the best rock albums of all time. My all time favorite song of theirs is ''Too Late For Love'' - amazing song, one of the bests in metal history. Phil Collen is a good guitarist too - I really like his black Ibanez Destroyer from the 80's - like Adrian's red one. Back in the day, he looked like Adrian (visually). :) The band has a very distinctive style.

But sadly after that (1983) they went on too commercial. The first 4 albums of the band is their limit - the debut is ok, High 'N' Dry is a wonderful (heavy) album and Hysteria has some really great songs in the band's typical style. After Adrenalize [1992] and the death of Steve Clark which was one of the best guitarists of its time and the driving force of the band's great riffs and music, the band do not released even one good album - a couple of songs that catches the eye, but very few. The should have stayed doing rock/hard rock (like the first 2 albums + Pyromania), not that pop rock that they went. They never were a heavy metal band for me.

Vivian Campbell was a monstrous guitarist in DIO, but when he went in Leppard in 1992 it's like he just lost his talent. Dunno, they are not a band that have so long and memorable solos, but still.

It's known the good relationship has been between Maiden and Def Leppard, both bands where the triumphants of the NWOBHM

It is not a rumour, Adrian just went to visit them like friends they are, but this happened just when Def Leppard was searching for a new guitarrist to replace Steve Clark. He also made an album…silver and gold with his own band less heavier, more softer than Maiden usually do, make the fans thinking in that possibility.

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    9.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Unknown-2.jpeg
    Unknown-2.jpeg
    9.1 KB · Views: 11
  • images-1.jpeg
    images-1.jpeg
    7.9 KB · Views: 11
  • images-2.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    10.7 KB · Views: 12
Yep but I don't like their music since Adrenalize album. I was fan of them, but to me they're done since then.
I think they're living of Hysteria and Pyromania albums that were a huge success in America, when MTV born they're the good looking rock stars for the chicks then. And they follow the commercial way.
If they deserves RNR Hall of Fame well…It's a thing from americans for americans like grammys or oscars. Maybe sometime they realize that the rest of the world exist. and Def Leppard is an 'Americanized' band

Seen Def Lep 3 times in the past few years, been great shows everytime. I wish they would play slightly longer sets with a deep cut or two but their shows are always good

Back