❤ Dating Advice For MaidenFans Thread ❤

There's only one thing I can say, a genuine platonic relationship is impossible if one of the parties thinks the other is attractive. You can pretend, but it'll only be that, pretension.

Sticky situation for sure. Hope you can handle it.

I think it's possible to get past the attraction if that's what you want. Without knowing further about the situation, it's hard to say further.

We don't judge here on MaidenFans, unless you think Weeekend Warrior is the best Maiden song or some nasty stuff like that :p
Good god man, I'm many things but I'd like to think I'm not a monster.

Cheers to others who've replied, honestly i reckon I'll just leave it be for a while but it's nice to hear from others all the same.

It's amazing what a few servings of a slightly-more-sherry-than-trifle sherry trifle will make someone admit on an (admittedly very friendly) online forum.

Last edited:
It's amazing what a few servings of a slightly-more-sherry-than-trifle sherry trifle will make someone admit on an (admittedly very friendly) online forum.
This is a very accepting group of people, easily the best online community I know. So that makes sense.

I've never been attracted to someone who had a different sexual preference than me so I have a hard time coming up with advice, but it does seem like something you'd have to get past unless you have reason to believe your friend is open to "experimenting." Otherwise you'd have to find a way to get past it. I don't think it's impossible, but the way to get past it is pretty dependent on your personality and how deep the infatuation is I suppose.

I do think it's possible to get past infatuation, if you're honest with yourself and stop getting your own hopes up. Or get your eye on someone else in the meantime.

Talk every day for 5 days, then no contact for 2 days or any social media appearances. I'm stumped.

We met up on Friday to study at a cafe, mostly gave up because there was too much and talked instead, took a walk around her neighbourhood with her dog, agreed to meet up on Sunday and possibly Tuesday (I'd take a day off because the exam is on Tuesday). Then she's been "seen"-ing me since Saturday night. Dafuq.

giphy.gif

I have a theory: some girls have lvl 99 Disguise skill. You see them once, then a month later and they look totally different in terms of mannerisms and clothing style, and act as if they've never seen you, but a certain facial line tells you that it has to be her. Then you're left wondering if it was her or a doppelgänger. Can anyone confirm the Masters of Disguise theory?

I'm very puzzled as to whether it was her or not. Thinking back on it, I can clearly remember the face I saw a month ago but the one from today is hazy. And this is like the fourth time since autumn that I've mistaken somebody for another person at uni. It's either the sheer amount of people that produces similarities or I'm going crazy.

So my best friend told me that she has a crush on me today. I'd kind of suspected that for about a week, but didn't bring up in case I was just judging things wrong. I dunno how she envisions the relationship, how serious it would be, but I like her a lot so it's nothing negative. Gonna be rather interesting going forward to say the least.

So my best friend told me that she has a crush on me today. I'd kind of suspected that for about a week, but didn't bring up in case I was just judging things wrong. I dunno how she envisions the relationship, how serious it would be, but I like her a lot so it's nothing negative. Gonna be rather interesting going forward to say the least.
Does she like lists?

Back