Dating Advice For MaidenFans Thread

Discussion in 'Can I Play with Madness?' started by Night Prowler, Nov 28, 2018.

1. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

There's only one thing I can say, a genuine platonic relationship is impossible if one of the parties thinks the other is attractive. You can pretend, but it'll only be that, pretension.

Sticky situation for sure. Hope you can handle it.

2. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

I think it's possible to get past the attraction if that's what you want. Without knowing further about the situation, it's hard to say further.

Brigantium likes this.
  3. MW564

MW564 Ancient Mariner

Good god man, I'm many things but I'd like to think I'm not a monster.

Cheers to others who've replied, honestly i reckon I'll just leave it be for a while but it's nice to hear from others all the same.

It's amazing what a few servings of a slightly-more-sherry-than-trifle sherry trifle will make someone admit on an (admittedly very friendly) online forum.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
    Brigantium and Night Prowler like this.
  4. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

This is a very accepting group of people, easily the best online community I know. So that makes sense.

I've never been attracted to someone who had a different sexual preference than me so I have a hard time coming up with advice, but it does seem like something you'd have to get past unless you have reason to believe your friend is open to "experimenting." Otherwise you'd have to find a way to get past it. I don't think it's impossible, but the way to get past it is pretty dependent on your personality and how deep the infatuation is I suppose.

5. Brigantium

Brigantium Grim Reaper Staff Member

I do think it's possible to get past infatuation, if you're honest with yourself and stop getting your own hopes up. Or get your eye on someone else in the meantime.