❤ Dating Advice For MaidenFans Thread ❤

How's that a clusterfuck, man?
It isn’t, my joke was that Polish and Czech look like clusterfucks to my American eyes. But that’s also why I like their æsthetics. So I’m just joshin’ around here, I think it’s pretty lit.

It isn’t, my joke was that Polish and Czech look like clusterfucks to my American eyes. But that’s also why I like their æsthetics. So I’m just joshin’ around here, I think it’s pretty lit.

And I was kidding as well. Of course it is a clusterfuck, I can't even imagine trying to learn it from the outsider's point of view.

And I was kidding as well. Of course it is a clusterfuck, I can't even imagine trying to learn it from the outsider's point of view.
Maybe I’ll try it and tell you how it goes (if my attention span doesn’t get the best of me. again.).

I’ve got a classic case of feeling anxious around my crush. We occasionally have classes together and there’s moments when our eyes meet, which might hint that she’s also interested. Like today, we looked each other dead in the eye for some three seconds before either of us said anything. As soon as I’m in the same room with her, I can’t even speak properly. I try to make some small talk but it seems like crap. I just don’t feel like myself. So weird. :D

Make yourself talk to her. If you get rejected in the end, that’s still better than never acting on your interest and always wondering “what if...?” You might even be pleasantly surprised by how she responds.

About 1.5 years ago, when she had just entered university, I tried to talk to her a couple of times but she didn’t seem too interested so I stopped bothering her. In the meantime, her course and flat mate started to like me and we went out a couple of times. She opened up about her feelings and I politely rejected her, because I saw her only as a friend and wasn’t attracted to her in any other way. That’s partly why I want things to take a natural course with the green-eyed angel. I wish there was a way to separate her from school and all the unwanted onlookers.

her course and flat mate started to like me and we went out a couple of times. She opened up about her feelings and I politely rejected her, because I saw her only as a friend and wasn’t attracted to her in any other way.
Well, that makes it more complicated. As long as those two are living together you may be out of luck, because the one you like might be afraid to hurt her roommate’s feelings. But you should leave it to the one you like to make that decision for herself.

I can think of many good things to have said to her now, when it’s too late. :facepalm:
Remember them for next time.

When you’ve got eyes like lamps shining at you, you’ll know the colour.

Purely practical, with everyone wearing masks these days, what else is there to notice?

Polish is a clusterfuck even for Croatians, Czech might or might not be, depending on the style, Polish always. There's a lot of letters in the words that we've simply discarded or simplified over here. The issue with reading a word is that you read first and last letter and roughly guess the amount of letters, and your brain starts pulling out words that fit the context, in automatic mode. So when a four letter word maps to a seven letter word with different ending, you're fucked, even if the word is actually the same in both Polish and Croatian.

Polish is a clusterfuck even for Croatians, Czech might or might not be, depending on the style, Polish always. There's a lot of letters in the words that we've simply discarded or simplified over here. The issue with reading a word is that you read first and last letter and roughly guess the amount of letters, and your brain starts pulling out words that fit the context, in automatic mode. So when a four letter word maps to a seven letter word with different ending, you're fucked, even if the word is actually the same in both Polish and Croatian.
Like if the Welsh word for "Language" had been "Llanguagogogoch"?

Yes, but add in slightly different alphabet too.

I think somewhere down the line Polish modernized their language and we didn't, or reverse, or just different kind of "modernization".

I don't know, I'll parachute in with the most logical question here. Saap, did you try recording something for her? It's something what you can do very good.

Saap, did you try recording something for her? It's something what you can do very good.

Considering how this all reminds me the most of the (book) Marius and Cosette, I'd recommend recording something off Les Misérables, definitely.

I don't know, I'll parachute in with the most logical question here. Saap, did you try recording something for her? It's something what you can do very good.
I’ve thought about that but I couldn’t bring myself to send a recording to her just like that. There would have to be a spark before. We haven’t talked to each other online and starting off with a link to a song for her would be straight to the point, but too much perhaps.

Back