Date Of The Concert Photos On The Back Of The Killers LP Sleeve

Eddie's Left Nut

What is that smell?
Does anyone have an idea? I'm guessing sometime in late 1980; one of the roughly dozen shows when Adrian first joined.
I'm interested in hearing how he sounded with his Hamer Standard....even 4 nearly decades down the road. Lol.

Cheers.

Does anyone have an idea? I'm guessing sometime in late 1980; one of the roughly dozen shows when Adrian first joined.
I'm interested in hearing how he sounded with his Hamer Standard....even 4 nearly decades down the road. Lol.

Cheers.

I believe the pictures were taken by Robert Ellis (https://www.repfoto.com/home-2/about/). He did post here as Robert E some time ago when there were some doubts surrounding the firing of Clive Burr, so you might be able to contact him via the forum.

You can rule out the Rainbow as being an option as the venue as Steve is wearing stripey cacks on the Rainbow video and he has black ones on the back of Killers. Dave also wearing a tshirt underneath his waistcoat on Killers and none at the Rainbow

I doubt it's going to be possible to narrow it down between 08.11. (Adrian's first gig) and 20.12.1980 (last gig before the Rainbow), unless somebody provides some positive evidence that explicitly states the date of the photos.

I have taken a look at the Robert Ellis book and the pics could be easily taken at Manchester's Apollo Theatre in November 30th 1980.
They were dressed exactly as the Killers album back cover and even there's a pic where Dave is playing the Gibson SG

Edit: At the same time I have to say that's very confusing note about Dave's pic on the Killer's album back cover. According to the book the picture is taken at the Gaumont Theatre in Southampton, March 2nd 1981… but the release date of Killers is just one month before February 2nd 1981…caught somewhere in time? I think Robert Ellis made a mistake including Dave's pic in the Southampton page layout though he wears exactly the same as the Manchester's gig.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Greatly appreciated!

I know for a fact that the pictures of the whole band as well as the ones of Paul, Dave & Adrian are from the Machester's Apollo (30.11.1980). The one's from Clive & Steve I'm not sure if they were taken from the Rainbow gig or the Apollo.

Last edited:
Back