Countdown to Senjutsu. 17 albums in 17 days.

Spaldy

Ancient Mariner
The 18th of August marks the 17 day countdown to Senjutsu. So the rules are simple, do a full listen through of one Maiden album per day in chronological order. And by a full listen I mean just that. No having it on in the background. This'll be a fun way to chart the musical evolution of the band. All 16 current Maiden albums capped off with Senjutsu on the 17th day.
  • No live albums
  • No compilations
  • No bootlegs
  • Studio albums only
If anyone wants to play along feel free to post in this thread. Oh, and if you have a physical collection then use it and show it off here! :)

20210805_133721.jpg

I am listening to the albums since a couple of days after the belshazzar thing began, in the car going to work lol. I am usually going through 2-3 per week. I will go to TXF on monday.

Donner

Ancient Mariner
This is a great idea for a thread, and something I also do prior to every Maiden album release!

That being said, I was feeling over eager this time so I already started on my discography run-through last week. This way I'm doing each album, one a day, for two consecutive days up until the release of Senjutsu.

Today and tomorrow is Powerslave!

Patrick92

Educated Fool
Great idea and alot of fun!

I have sinse WOTW kinda went through every album and livealbum in order to hype myself. Try and listen a few days every week by myself in the evening with a few beers and just take it all in

Gonna try to do this on the 18th!

chaosapiant

Ancient Marinade
Since the announcement, I’ve gone through Maiden’s discography 4 times back to front. It never gets old.

Abas

Jester with no tears
I saw the title thread and thought "Well, what is going to be here that wouldn't already be in the other official thread?". Then I read the original post and became interested.

It's going to be fun to have refreshed uninterrupted takes from the discography.

Patrick92

Educated Fool
So today is the day of Iron Maiden! Perfect timing, I ordered the Trooper beer collection box a week back and got it today.

Gonna write some takes of the album later today after ive listened to it