Coronavirus

Brigantium

General of the Dark Army
Staff member
Exactly. Getting Covid almost upon arrival, and when summer was still young, was a great thing. I'm enjoying life without masks, care-free. Normally by mid September that I'll go back there's no problem.
Well, except that this dance starts again every time a new variant gets established. If I've got BA5 now rather than BA2, I should be okay for a while, depending if Centaurus is even more contagious.

Brigantium

General of the Dark Army
Staff member
What a weird disease. I felt like death for 24 hours, then after a decent meal I started feeling a lot better. Temperature returned to normal 24 hours later, and apart from a day of coughing, runny nose and some tiredness, I was pretty much recovered.

A cold normally drags on a couple of weeks for me, and I was much worse with swine flu.

My suspicion that I might have had a very, very mild dose of Covid in February 2020 is back. I remember recovering from whatever that bug was very quickly too and having a cough for about 48 hours.

Dr. Eddies Wingman

Brighter than thousand_suns
What a weird disease. I felt like death for 24 hours, then after a decent meal I started feeling a lot better. Temperature returned to normal 24 hours later, and apart from a day of coughing, runny nose and some tiredness, I was pretty much recovered.

A cold normally drags on a couple of weeks for me, and I was much worse with swine flu.

My suspicion that I might have had a very, very mild dose of Covid in February 2020 is back. I remember recovering from whatever that bug was very quickly too and having a cough for about 48 hours.
Hm. For me it has been different. I had a really shitty first couple of days, with headache, fever and even nausea. By Wednesday, only sore throat and runny nose remained and Thursday that had improved too. Today, I'm mostly fine although I don't really have much energy.

JudasMyGuide

The resident reactionary
Oh, BTW, we also got it, after over 2 years of successfully avoiding it. I'm more or less okay already, the kids were too, but the fever returned for them, they are tired and the younger coughs up a storm. So does wifey, actually she also has a relapse of sorts.

Nothing serious, but it's annoying and honestly, I tend to believe the reports it tends to affect the human psyche - anxiety, depression and so on have been reported and just like my friend 2 years ago, I also had these unexplainable, unexpected moments of irritation, when I was aggressive and angry without any particular reason.

We are vaxed (well, me and wifey), but managed only two shots and it's been almost a year, so I don't know if it remained effective.

Also, home testing was completely useless for us, just like for tens of people I know and heard about. We needed PCR to test positive, and after negative home tests I only went for that when I felt like I couldn't smell or taste anything. The smell and taste already returned, very fast, but wifey has the loss thereof right now.

The_7th_one

Ancient Mariner
Oh, BTW, we also got it, after over 2 years of successfully avoiding it. I'm more or less okay already, the kids were too, but the fever returned for them, they are tired and the younger coughs up a storm. So does wifey, actually she also has a relapse of sorts.

Nothing serious, but it's annoying and honestly, I tend to believe the reports it tends to affect the human psyche - anxiety, depression and so on have been reported and just like my friend 2 years ago, I also had these unexplainable, unexpected moments of irritation, when I was aggressive and angry without any particular reason.

We are vaxed (well, me and wifey), but managed only two shots and it's been almost a year, so I don't know if it remained effective.

Also, home testing was completely useless for us, just like for tens of people I know and heard about. We needed PCR to test positive, and after negative home tests I only went for that when I felt like I couldn't smell or taste anything. The smell and taste already returned, very fast, but wifey has the loss thereof right now.
Sad to hear that. I just hope you and your family get well very soon without any trace of the disease.
Be strong!