Coolest Window display EVER

IronDuke

Ancient Mariner
So imagine my surprise when I saw this in my conservative little Nova Scotia town's main street....I had to get a picture!
(for better resolution, right click and select "view image")

dukeshop.jpg

Actually, it's Wolfville. I moved!
The town has about 3000 full time residents, and about 3000 students who live there September - April while studying at the university.

IronDuke said:
The town has about 3000 full time residents, and about 3000 students who live there September - April while studying at the university.

That's even more impressive.  Maybe you find students are Maiden fans.  I guess you're not on that "rock" called Newfoundland anymore.  I checked out Wiki and apparently "Wolfville was declared Canada's first fair trade town on April 17, 2007."

Seriously, though.  Maiden's all about outdoors, massive venues, and people don't realize in Canada how massive of a rock act they are.  Considering they'll have some decent openers...why, I think it'd be a massive success.

Also, the HDN is more of a tabloid than a paper.  It's one of the most ridiculously biased papers I've ever read.  For instance, every single political cartoon of the last week and a half has been making fun of Brian Mulroney.  I get it, he's corrupt.  I didn't need that bashed into my brain over and over and over.

char_da_harlot said:
IronDuke said:

In spanish, your town would be called Lobovilla.  Thank goodness for English eh?  JK

I think the display is cool.  I would love to walk downtown and see a display such as this.  Very original. :ok:

I think they should rename it Wolphville  :innocent:

Back