Computer Stupidities

MigDaimon

Trooper
Don´t know if anyone here has visited this website. Its a collection of stupid things people do while dealing with computers.

[a href=\'http://rinkworks.com/stupid/\' target=\'_blank\']http://rinkworks.com/stupid/[/a]

Here are some

Customer: "How much do Windows cost?"
Tech Support: "Windows costs about $100."
Customer: "Oh, that's kind of expensive. Can I buy just one window?"

Friend: "Hey, cool Mac! Does it have Windows!?"
Me: (incredulous stare)
Friend: "Oh, wait, that was stupid. All Macs have Windows."

I got a call from someone in our office.

Friend: "My computer's dead."
Me: "Ok, can you tell me what's wrong with it?"
Friend: "The screen's black. I got some coffee, came back, and the screen was black."
It was a short walk to her desk, so off I go. Looking at the monitor, I saw that it was on with no flashing red lights, so I knew it was connected to the computer. Instinctively, my hand went to the mouse, and snap. The screen came back with all her work.

Friend: "WHAT DID YOU DO!?"
Me: "I moved your mouse. It was your screen saver."
Friend: "Thanks! You're a lifesaver!"

Customer: "I have a very big problem! If you don't help me right now I will return the computer!"
Tech Support: "Well sir, what can I do for you?"
Customer: "Well, I just got my system today, and my friend installed a screen saver, and it comes up fine...BUT EVERY TIME I MOVE THE MOUSE IT GOES AWAY!!!!!!!"

EXCELLENT!!!! [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Those are all good but my favorite is when someone's computer lags or freezes and people smack the monitor like if it was a TV! Uh, hello buddy, the actual system is in that tower UNDER your desk...

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
Its amaizing how stupid some people are.

[!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] Some of my friends have actually said even stupider things relating to computers than those.

[span style=\'color:blue\'][span style=\'font-size:21pt;line-height:100%\']sweet[/span][/span]

I knwo another one: a guy bought a computer,and he only knew to play one game. One tme,his grandma was wipping the dust,nad she accidentally pressed the button of the screen. When the guy started the PC,he saw there's no image. He decalred the computer dead and it satyed like that for like 5,0r 6 months... [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Joke I played on my boss a few years ago:
I took the back cover off of his mouse, wrapped the track ball in a thin layer of paper, and replaced the cover. The result is that sometimes the paper would jam the rollers inside the mouse and sometimes the rollers would work correctly - giving the appearance that the mouse wasn't working sometimes. Of course, most people would check the mouse right away, but this guy didn't. In fact, I couldn't have hoped for a funnier response. He decided it must be a software problem, so he restarted his computer 3 times. After that didn't fix the mouse, he started un-installing and re-installing all his programs. We let him go on with that for about 2 hours before stopping him - he was starting to talk about dumping the OS, and had to be stopped before he really screwed up.

Now that's just mean [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:lmao:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

One of the guys in the IT dept. where I work got a phone call from one of the sales ladies at one of our stores called in this crisis;

"I'm at the end of my mouse pad, and the arrow is not where I need it to be, and if I take the mouse off the pad I'll loose the arrow. What do I do?"

Is stupidity a social disease?

here in the I.T department we asked a monkey manager to reboot a server. She was looking for the little doot that is infront of the server a 255 ibm. Any way cut a long story short she pulled out the Hardrive from the server while is was on and said what do i do to it now.....

another one asked why am i typing in capitals for ahhhhhhhh

Back