Commentary's album categorization

IronDuke

Ancient Mariner
Just a quick question in an open letter for you, Mav:

What criteria did you use when categorizing the Maiden albums?
beginning, rising force, golden years, experimentation, decline, rejuvination, reunion

Those all seem like fairly subjective terms; I'm not necessarially disagreeing with your choices, I just want to know why you made them.

IronDuke said:
Just a quick question in an open letter for you, Mav:

What criteria did you use when categorizing the Maiden albums?
beginning, rising force, golden years, experimentation, decline, rejuvination, reunion

Those all seem like fairly subjective terms; I'm not necessarially disagreeing with your choices, I just want to know why you made them.

I think they already existed before Mav took over the site.

Those titles were indeed made by Baeleron, back in 1998 before I took over. As they looked good enough and made sense to me too, I chose to leave them as they were. This is an example of what's left of Bael's work on the IMC, as I have reworked all of his commentaries (I don't want to minimise his massive contribution to the site, I simply added "more flesh to the bones" to make the Commentary some sort of encyclopaedia).  :)

Ahhh, I see.
I actually remember visiting the site way back then; in '99 or '00, I think. I have to sa it's done nothing but improve. Good work mav  :ok:

I do miss that handy drop down menu of all the song titles though - that was useful.

Back