Cheesiest Manowar lyric

What is the cheesiest Manowar lyric?

• Metal makes us strong, together we belong. (Army of Immortals)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The stripes on a tiger don't wash away, Manowar's made of steel not clay! (Fighting the World)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • May your sword stay wet, like a young girl in her prime! (Hail and Kill)

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • We own the right to live the fight, we're here for all of you! (Warriors of the World United)

• My father was a wolf, I'm the kinsman of the slain... sworn to rise again! (Hail and Kill)

• Woman! Remove your garment! (Pleasure Slave)

• I need metal in my life, just like an eagle needs to flie. (Die for Metal)

• Blood and death are waiting, like a raven in the sky. (Hail and Kill)

• I was born to die! (Too many to mention)

• We are fighting with power and steel, fighting for metal, metal that's real! (Brothers of Metal Pt1)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Rape their women as they crie - Mwahahahaha! (Hail and Kill)

• Metal heals, my son! (Brothers of Metal Pt. 1)

• We've got the biggest amps - man they blast! (Kings of Metal)

• The gods made heavy metal, and they saw that it was good. (The Gods made Heavy Metal)

• I ride a comet. (Heart of Steel)

• Total voters

Perun

His name struck fear into hearts of men
Staff member
What the title says. Choose your favourite lyric from the above. These are only the ones that came to mind right now. I may add new ones as I think of them.

Yeah, that's my pick too. You have to give kudos to the band for having the balls to put a line as over the top as this anywhere.

May your sword stay wet, like a young girl in her prime!

Honorable mentions:
I need metal in my life, just like an eagle needs to fly.
We are fighting with power and steel, fighting for metal, metal that's real!

I think "pick your favourite" may be a bit misleading >.>

I walked inside so I could hear and the guy beside me gave me a beer.
He had his fists up in the air and said hey my friends are over there.

The stripes on a tiger don't wash away, Manowar's made of steel not clay! (Fighting the World)

We are fighting with power and steel, fighting for metal, metal that's real! (Brothers of Metal Pt1)

But that's just because the wet girl thing is so ridiculous I can't vote for it. But it probably is the cheesiest and most inappropriate thing any band has ever written.

I was gonna go with the wetness lyric or the Brothers of Metal Pt1 lyric but decided to go with "The gods made heavy metal, and they saw that it was good." instead. The hell ?

But that's just because the wet girl thing is so ridiculous I can't vote for it. But it probably is the cheesiest and most inappropriate thing any band has ever written.

I'd call it a sexist lyric. I go for: "If you're not into metal, you are not my friend"

It *is* a sexist lyric, which is part of what makes it cheesy, because the "a-typical" aspect of heavy metal is very male dominant. Reinforcing that stereotype is both bad and cheesy. It's ludicrous.

You know, being a white knight when it comes to criticising Manowar is so... 1988.

The stripes on a tiger don't wash away, Manowar's made of steel not clay! (Fighting the World)

My choice, too. It's plainly ridiculous. I can't help this image of somebody repeatedly pouring buckets of water over the poor tiger. And the whole "steel" cliche...

:p

I used to hear this guys a lot. Who knows why.

"oh, your getting wet, your working up a sweat", Animals. :rolleyes:

I'd like to nominate a new cheesy lyric:

"We drink a lot of beers
And play our metal loud at night"

or even:

"Never gonna change our style
Gonna play tonight for quite a while"

I've been listening to the new album all week, and have to say it's absolutely brilliant....but I did fall about laughing when I read the lyrics to Manowarriors (as above) before I'd heard it.

Back