CHEESEVIVÖR: The Book of Metal: ALL HAIL VICTORIUS!

THE LAST BATTLE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh Antonio. A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a cheese for? Everything is bad, and it is definitely cheesy. But it's a big load of rotten sliced cheese. It's not good. It's not even OK. Ravensire is not really cheesy, but it's not atrocious. It's only bad. Thus, we must vote for Ravensire.
Olympus Mons is pretty cheesy, but I found myself literally forgetting everything after hearing it. ValSans, who DEFINITELY aren't Nazis, get my vote.

(note to Cheesemaster - I am adjusting the totals myself using super mod powers)

Volume I, Chapter 19: HEROIC BATTALION BATTLE 3: Sacred Blood vs Halloween

Sacred Blood - Call of Blood
Some of you might remember a band from the first CHEESEVIVÖR called Athlos that bombed with maybe one or two votes in total. Apparently, there is some sort of incestuous relationship between Athlos and Sacred Blood via band leader (?) Polydekis, who seems to distinguish between his two bands so well that the official contact address for Sacred Blood is athlos88@gmail.com...

Halloween - Nightmares
Incidentally, I saw this band at the 2004 Keep it True festival, when they apparently played their first ever gig in Europe. Of course, I was too young to appreciate just what I was being treated with.

latest

Volume I, Chapter 20: HEROIC BATTALION BATTLE 4: Victorius vs Helloween

Victorius - Twilight Skies
The tension rises... Victorius have promised us the most epic showdown in metal history, and we will have to hold our breath just a little longer to see what they have planned for us. But will we ever get there? Only if you vote for them, of course...

Helloween - Dr. Stein
It seems to have been Helloween's mission to go out and prove to the world that Germans have a sense of humour. Not sure if they succeeded, but I'll give them some points for this silly single cover.

Well, Sacred Blood have a plenty of tacky ingredients, plus a nice instrumental part, but Halloween really spread the spreadable cheese on thick here.

I think Victorius would dearly love to be Dragonforce when they grow up. If they grow up. Helloween aren't taking themselves anywhere near as seriously, just having a bit of fun. Cheese is at its most pungent when it's not trying to be cheesy imo, so voting for Victorius.

Damn, this was actually tough. I'm going for Halloween and Helloween, though. Sacred Blood was a cool song but I really dislike those vocals. Halloween, however, is still a pretty strong group.

Victorius had a much better song this time compared to the last one, and I really thought I'd vote for them. From what I remembered, Dr. Stein wasn't that great of a song. However, when I listened to it again, I actually had a lot of fun with it. So yes, the two holiday bands get the votes.

I must say, Sacred Call has a lot of horrible cheese, but if my memories of their predecessor/antecedent are correct, it's similarly not necessarily good cheese. That voiceover is pretty delightful, though. Afterwards, the song actually gets pretty good. Halloween is okay, but not my brand of cheese. Sacred Call.

Victorius has a lovely song that makes me keep thinking of Stratovarius, so this is a nicely aged cheese. I'm grooving on it pretty hard, and it makes me wonder, why hasn't Dragonforce made an appearance in a Cheesevivör? Dr. Stein is one of the more cheesy Helloween songs, but you get the feeling the band believes they are better than this. It feels like a joke, an aside. I'll go with the band trying to be Tröo. Victorius.

What is with the hard stops throughout Sacred Blood? Certainly terrible and cheesy. The intro sounds like a terrible Iced Earth knock-off. I think they are way cheesier in the long run, however. Halloween is just lame. Especially that guitar solo. Holy god, that was painful.

Victorius has a lovely song that makes me keep thinking of Stratovarius, so this is a nicely aged cheese. I'm grooving on it pretty hard, and it makes me wonder, why hasn't Dragonforce made an appearance in a Cheesevivör? Dr. Stein is one of the more cheesy Helloween songs, but you get the feeling the band believes they are better than this. It feels like a joke, an aside. I'll go with the band trying to be Tröo. Victorius.

I am also voting for Victorius for this same reason. However, I broke my own rule and I looked them up...holy god, we must get to this band's newest album. It might take some rethinking on whether or not they truly believe they are Tröo...

Going with Sacred Blood in the first battle. The song was unremarkable, but Halloween is pure garbage.

I really wanted to vote for Victorius in the second match, but Helloween takes the cake (pumpkin?) this time around.

The Halloween riff reminds me of Rock and Roll Children (Dio). I did not like the previous Halloween song but this one sounds better than its opponent. Plus Helloween.

I'm surprised at how close this round is. Everything is currently tied. What will the tiebreaker bring, I wonder?

Speaking of which, I'm surprised at the lack of Manowar. Was it just assumed that they would win the entire thing and thus left off to give the others a chance?

How this premier North European cheese didn't make it (yet) ... :D

Speaking of which, I'm surprised at the lack of Manowar. Was it just assumed that they would win the entire thing and thus left off to give the others a chance?

They were runners-up in the first CHEESEVIVÖR, and I went for a completely new batch of bands this time.

Back