CHEESEVIVÖR II Campaign 1: Glory Battalion, Battle 3 - Evertale vs Magic Kingdom

Which band is cheesier?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perun

After the war?
Staff member
bnr_zpse40vjclv.png

Campaign 1: Glory Battalion, Battle 3 - Evertale vs Magic Kingdom

Evertale - In the Sign of the Valiant Warrior

The low-budget Blind Guardian strike again. I still think this album sounds impressive for the debut by an unsigned band, even if it does sometimes descend into stereotypical neo-classical guitar wankery. Oh Malmsteen, what have you done to the world...

Magic Kingdom - Dragon Princess
If this were 1996, I would use this to demonstrate why a band making a music video needs at the very least a director who has a clue of what he's doing and knows how to conceal budget constraints so they don't come across as pseudo-artsy. Nowadays, the video market has changed so much that the only thing that matters is having a video out in the first place. I guess.

Brigantium

General of the Dark Army
Staff member
Much as overdramatic pomp and heroism with a fantasy theme ticks a lot of cheese boxes, Magic Kingdom's crappy and sentimental approach has to count for something. I have to reward their efforts. She is my world/She saved my life. :puke:

MrKnickerbocker

clap hands
Both of these are horribly cheesy, but the Evertale one simply sounds too good for me to vote for it. It's well-produced, well-played, and generally sounds pretty cool.

Disney cheese gets my vote.

Brigantium

General of the Dark Army
Staff member
There was an even more Disney one earlier, wasn't there? It's so memorable I can't actually remember it now.

MrKnickerbocker

clap hands
There was indeed, but I also don't remember.

Power metal's strongest selling point is definitely not memorable songwriting.