Which band is cheesier?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perun

His name struck fear into hearts of men
Staff member
bnr_zpse40vjclv.png

For the prologue, see this link.

For the second battle in this campaign, go here.

Campaign 1: Dragon Battalion, Battle 1: Bloodbound vs Pyramaze

Bloodbound - In the Name of Metal
This band was more of an accidental find. I was at the record store, sifting through the shelves and found a CD of this band, with a sticker saying: "Metal Anthems Galore! A Real Treat for all Fans From SABATON and POWERWOLF to HAMMERFALL & IRON MAIDEN". So I figured, even without having heard it, this band must be the perfect candidate for this game. Whether they are or not is for you to determine.
I didn't buy the CD in the end, though.

Pyramaze - Legend
This band was put on the map by none other than Matt Barlow. It took a completely obscure Danish power metal band that even Barlow admitted he'd never heard of before to make him return to the metal scene and draw Iced Earth out of the misery of the Owen years, only to leave again after one album. The thing with Pyramaze is that they are just about as cheesy as it gets, with songs about ancient words, unicorns and wizards, and they have actually not released two albums on the same label. The fact that Barlow left to rejoin Iced Earth right after recording the vocals for Pyramaze's 2008 album, 'Immortal' reduces this band to a mere footnote in metal history.

Bloodbound used to be a bit more serious band before this album. I saw them live with Urban Breed on vocals, who at the time just rejoined the band and tried to steer them into another direction genre-wise, but they kicked him out soon after and replaced him with this Tobi Sammett clone so that they can play cheesy as fuck power metal <_< Embarassing really.

Pyramaze was fun. I prefer Barlow and the new guy over this guy though.

"You say I'm dirty. I smell like shit." Did I really hear that?

Voting for Pyramaze, because I can actually cope with hearing that one again.

I'm not sure I can cope with hearing either of them again, but if I had to I would choose Bloodbound.

Despite the endless parade of lead singers, I find Pyramaze to be a rather solid band. Also, this song is cheesier in the traditional sense of "dragons, elves, and sorcery", which is a cheese blend I far prefer to Bloodbound's sense of "heavy metäl, denim, and sleaze."

Pyramaze all the way. Bloodbound sounds like someone threw Disturbed in a pot with Manowar and boiled until they mixed together. Interestingly enough, boiling Disturbed to death is a good punishment.

I'm voting for the first song solely due to the fact that I laughed my ass off. "I'll kick your ass like a pussy bitch!"

Back