Charlotte The Harlot

MigDaimon

Trooper
Woa ! First topic of the year ! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Maybe this should be in the madness forum, I don't know, its nothing really important, well maybe someone can find it interesting...

I was thinking about the "Charlotte Saga" and how "Hooks in You" and "From Here To Eternety" seem to not fit that right in the story... and I made a theory that puts the four songs together.

In the first song, the main character is presented to us, and we get to know that right from the start the guy, lets call him Prince Charming, falls in love with Charlotte.

In the second song, again we deal with the girl, but now another character is presented. The house itself, the number 22 on the Acacia Avenue is an important thing to remember. Charlotte is running this house in the Acacia Avenue and Prince Charming is still wanting her for "more than one night". The verses after H's solo are quite poetic (my view) and if not convince the girl to follow the guy, at least makes she think of it...

Well, we already know this. Now comes the part where you must "believe" my imagination... [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

We get a great lapse of four albums to hear again from this particular "people"

In "Hooks in You" the only direct reference is the number 22. That's because this song is about THE PLACE, not the girl or the guy. By 1982 the number 22 Acacia Avenue was a house of prostitution. In 1990 it has became "home" for some freaking another character who likes to.... well, you know what he likes don't you ? [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Finally in "From Here To Eternety" we get to know what happened to dear Charlotte and Prince Charming. Remember that the last lines of "22 Acacia Avenues" are "you're packing your bags, you're coming with me". That's what Charlotte did. She gave up the lay and the pay to be with Prince Charming. Remember that 22 was in "The Number of the BEAST" album, and in this song we get to know that "The BEAST and CHARLOTTE they were two of a kind"

So we the first two we are presented to Charlotte, Prince Charming, and the 22 number. In the third we get to know what happened to the place. In the last, the fate of the loving couple is told. And that's it !

I know the the music itself is quite different on these four tracks. But the lyrics can bring some help to my theory... In fact I find my theory very weak to have any trace of truth. I just wanted to share it with you. What do you think people ?

Now, if you want to discuss if hell ain't a bad place or not, or if it is from here to eternety, I live it up to you...

[!--QuoteBegin-Welsh Phantom+Jan 3 2006, 11:27 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Welsh Phantom @ Jan 3 2006, 11:27 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Twilight Zone could be in there. Charlotte is on the cover.
How would that 'fit in'?
[snapback]126309[/snapback]​
[/quote]
Charlotte is on the cover of Twilight Zone, there is no direct reference to Charlotte in the song, it refers to "her" and "she":
"She lays in bed at night and that is when I make my call.
But when she stares at me, she can't see nothing at all,"
and
"I'm looking forward to her spirit coming over to me.
I feel tempted to bring her over to see just what it's"

Interesting theory MigDaimon, it makes sense but I think it is a bit of a strech on the lyrics' meanings. I think that the same "she" that is Charlotte actually makes an appearance in Hooks In You:
"She's tied up she can't come to the phone,
You must have got your wires crossed cos she ain't home"
I know there is no proof that this is Charlotte but it seems like the person she is (haha here's me talking about the personality of a whore from a song that has no proof of her even being in it, let alone having a personality).
Well there just my thoughts, enjoy.

[!--QuoteBegin-Hunlord+Jan 4 2006, 11:37 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Hunlord @ Jan 4 2006, 11:37 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Charlotte is on the cover of Twilight Zone, there is no direct reference to Charlotte in the song, it refers to "her" and "she":
"She lays in bed at night and that is when I make my call.
But when she stares at me, she can't see nothing at all,"
and
"I'm looking forward to her spirit coming over to me.
I feel tempted to bring her over to see just what it's"

Interesting theory MigDaimon, it makes sense but I think it is a bit of a strech on the lyrics' meanings. I think that the same "she" that is Charlotte actually makes an appearance in Hooks In You:
"She's tied up she can't come to the phone,
You must have got your wires crossed cos she ain't home"
I know there is no proof that this is Charlotte but it seems like the person she is (haha here's me talking about the personality of a whore from a song that has no proof of her even being in it, let alone having a personality).
Well there just my thoughts, enjoy.
[snapback]126326[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah, I know, but I like to think that it's about her, it sort of fits nicely in the whole Maiden world.
BTW, I have an old magazine from when NPFTD was released, and Bruce talks about each song. He said 'Hooks in you' was about a room they saw whilst on the 7th Son tour (in Europe, if I remember), with hooks in the ceiling. That's what inspired the song, but again, I like to think it's about our good ole whore!

I don't really think you can count FHtE as part of the Charlotte saga. After all, she's only mentioned directly in one line, every other reference is to a 'she' or 'her'. I think they just included her name because they needed two names to fit the line-'the beast' and 'charlotte' were maiden references and fit the line. Although, saying that, maybe it would have been better for them to use 'eddie'. 'Eddie and charlotte, they were two of a kind'. Well, it fits, doesn't it? [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back