Cardiff 15-12-2003 Brief Review

A

Anonymous

Great Gig! Totally different setlist to what I was expecting... Starting with 'Where Eagles Dare right through to 'Alexander the Great' this was the gig of Dreams. Oh no - I'm just dreaming... I've fallen asleep during the support band but woken up just intime for 'Doctor Doctor' by UFO! I'll start again ....

Same setlist as previously reported on the tour, with superb sound in the practically all standing venue that is the CARDIFF INDOOR ARENA.
Bruce seemed very chuffed at the fact that the gig had been sold out for weeks and was thankful that we had turned up after Maiden hadn't played in Wales since 98 - infact he hasn't played Wales since 1990! He also went on to say how good an audience we were compared to the previous Earls Court gig, but probably says this all the time ...

Other notable points from the gig:
As touched on earlier, Funeral For A Friend went down like a fart in an unfeasably small caravan - on their homecoming gig this shouldn't have happened but they were very samey. Admitedly, the Maiden crowd can be a little hard to win over - with some fans visibly stuck in about '89. I mean - come on, I saw a guy trying to look like Bret Michaels and was sporting some very dodgy, ill fitting snakeskin trousers. (I nearly put on my Dokken CD this morning for some nostalgia!)
And he had the cheek to look turn his nose in disgust at my Carcass hoodie. Gee - I hope my Fantomas T-shirt was ok - would hate to look out of place. (Sorry - Rant over)
But I can't help feeling that someone like Arch Enemy (who were played over the PA during the evening) would have gone down a lot better.

Onto my next point - a subject that has been discussed many times before : JANICK. I do wish he'd realise that he is the least important member of the band and stop messing about. He plays over Adrians solos (E.g. The Trooper - and don't try tell me he's doing the harmony as on the LP - only the very last run of the Adrians solo is harmonised) then when it comes to one which he wrote (Lord of the Flies) he misses his cue then hurriedly runs to the front of the stage as if it was all intended, before embarrisingly turning around to see if his colleagues had noticed.

O well - that's about all I have time for... Overall, a superb gig and stageset.
Good to see Bruce and H so close - if only I'd caught H's sweatband that just passed out of reach over my head....

NiceGuyEddie, Aged 28 and 353 days.

PS - just read Nicko's Diary (Ref. Dublin Flight) and found that my Cousin was the Main pilot on that flight - along with Bruce. Bummer, he didn't mention that when he came to my Dads 60th in late September - not even when I asked him what he thought of the new album....

Very nice review! Thanks a lot NiceGuyEddie! [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back