Card games rules questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Pica Serdica
If someone here has played Binokel for two, could you please answer the following:

Is it true that in this version only the trump sequence / family / quint counts, and is worth 250 rather than 150 points (English Wiki); and is it true that you can meld even if you're not on lead but one of the meld cards is winning the trick (some site I can't find anymore)?

And while we're on it, does anyone know if the 50 points for winning all last six tricks in Marjolet include the 10 points for winning the last trick, or are added to it, i.e. do you get 50 or 60 for the thing?

Thanks a lot in advance.

*chaospants steps up to the plate, clears his throat* One of the defining features of playing Binokel is that whether you weld at the seams, or in between the ball stitching, you still won't be able to get the cards to come out inside of a circle for 250 points, regardless of whether Donald Trump is playing or not. There's a misconception going around that being rich should give you extra points. However, as scientist and poet Marjolet once put it: "the bean rental store doesn't carry only soft bananas."

I hope this helps.

He's not talking about that Trump. Let's not be silly, now. ::) Let's examine the issue in the historical record. :smartarse:

In the 1978 Southern Hemisphere Tournament, Adrian Smith played his Queen of Trumps card against Don Dokken's Ace of Spoons. The referee called timeout and extracted Dennis Stratton from the playing field. Adrian Smith played an Urchin Gambit. Dokken declined the gambit and Ritchie Blackmore ain't been right in the head since. The referee awarded Adrian Smith 400 points and ownership of Richie Kotzen.

Your contribution is much appreciated, gentlemen.
Next time I'll ask BG-Mamma, where they know everything.

Anyone here, Italian or not, familiar with Tarocchini?
There's something about melding (as usual) I'm not sure I've understood entirely.
While I could live with the usual kind of humorous answers, I'd prefer some real info, thank you very much.

Ok, here's a question I hope I might get a sensible answer to from our Swiss members:
In Schieber Jass, which suites score double (I've seen controversial info re: acorns), and does Undenufe really score quadruple with Obenabe treble (ditto). Vielen Dank.

I do know by now that card games don't seem to be all the rage in this community but I have one more question to ask:
I've been playing Skat against the computer recently; I know it's THE German card game; could someone please explain what's so great about it? I must be missing something obviously, there must certainly be a reason why it's so popular.

Ok, one last desperate attempt to get some info, to our Spanish members this time:
I've been playing Tute for two against the computer recently (on SolitaireParadise in case it matters), and on several occasions I've got 4 Reys or 4 Caballos without the program declaring them. It was my turn, I had already won tricks, there were still more than 2 cards in the stock, and, needless to say, the "allow Tute" option was on. On other occasions, I've had 4 Reys declared.
So my question is, is this some bug in the program, or is there some extra rule I'm missing? In all those cases, I had already declared 20s or 40s, does that prevent you from having a Tute? Thanks.

SolitaireParadise sounds like a very dodgy website name (solitario is the name of the card game, but also slang for a sherman tank :lol: ).
Would you believe it that it's only now, courtesy of your post, that I finally got the joke behind the Sherman Tankers alternative name for H & Nicko's Entire Population of Hackney? :facepalm:
That's not even arriving late to the party, it's visiting the party's memorial, more like.
Funny how when trying to learn something one learns something else instead, thank you once again :ok:

^Here we go again, just after I posted the one above:
View attachment 27790
Got 40 oros and 20 espadas declared already, is this it?
Hi @Magnus I don't remember very well. I used to play with some mates of high school.

I think it's correct and when you have the 4 kings you have to declare and you win the round directly: TUTE of KIngs

If the trump is Oros:
You have 40 points of oros (Horse & King of the trump)
Horse & King of espadas : 20 points
But you have the 4 kings and you directly win the round (TUTE of KIngs)

It's fun.

Escoba or Chinchón are another funny games you can enjoy

Last edited:
Hi @Magnus I don't remember very well. I used to play with some mates of high school.

I think it's correct and when you have the 4 kings you have to declare and you win the round directly: TUTE of KIngs

If the trump is Oros:
You have 40 points of oros (Horse & King of the trump)
Horse & King of espadas : 20 points
But you have the 4 kings and you directly win the round (TUTE of KIngs)

It's fun.

¡Muchas gracias, @The_7th_one !
So you can declare Tute after already having declared 20 or 40, is that correct?

They are indeed, especially Chinchón! I'll try to teach some friends during the summer vacation. :ok:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back