Can you know what posts you got praised/kicked for?

valacirca

Trooper
Is there any link on the control panel or anywhere else on the site/forum that you can use to know what posts you got praised/kicked for?

No, there isn't. And, really, someone could read a dozen posts and hit the 'praise/kick' on a post that didn't mean anything. I wouldn't get too worried about it, honestly.

Just a curiosity since there's a similar "favorites" system on another board I'm in and they have a section on one's user page that lists the user's favorited posts.

Thanks.

Can someone explain the significance of the "kick" & "praise" buttons? What do they do?

Maybe I just noticed them now, but I could swear they weren't there all the other times I logged in.

That's because you just passed 50 posts, when those options are enabled.

They allow you to go ahead and increase or decrease another user's rating, which is designed to give some sort of inkling as to how that forum member is viewed by others. However, I don't think anyone ever looks at it.

Groteskfull said:
Can someone explain the significance of the "kick" & "praise" buttons? What do they do?

Either they do nothing, either they cause some irritation (in the form of "who kicked me, after criticizing this song?").

They're all fun and games; even if we kick each other for badmouthing a song we like :)p), we're all good friends here :)

Hmm... This is the first board I've posted on where you can do this. Interesting indeed.

This is also the first board I've been on where you can change your own handle/nickname.

We used to have an harmonic balance here with Iron Duke having a user rating of 666 and Conor having one of -666.

Good times they were...

Back