Bruce to Interview Blaze On 'Rock Show'

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
IRON MAIDEN Singer Summit: BRUCE DICKINSON To Interview BLAZE BAYLEY On 'Rock Show' - Jan. 25, 2008 

Former IRON MAIDEN/WOLFSBANE singer Blaze Bayley will be IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson's guest on Friday, February 15 during Bruce's weekly BBC 6 Music radio show, aptly named "The Bruce Dickinson Friday Rock Show". This will mark the very first interview that Bruce and Blaze have ever done together. Listen to the program live via the Internet between 10:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. U.K. time at BBC.co.uk.

Ha! It could be interesting to see if there are tensions between them.  It'll be interesting to see what Bruce asks.  :)

Nice title, by the way... Iron Maiden singer summit.  :bigsmile:

Oh wow, thats cool. Especially considering the various comments Bruce has said against Blaze a few years ago....seems Bruce has changed his tune.

It doesn't surprise me.  Since then, both Bruce and Blaze have changed labels, and I got the feeling that Sanctuary was the cause of a lot of the tensions between Blaze and Maiden.

I'm also pretty interested, maybe they won't even talk about Maiden at all?

Last (and to be honestly, the only) time I heard Bruce talking about Blaze was in August. It went like this (copied from other topic):

-----------

Bruce interviewed producer Andy Sneap last friday in Bruce Dickinson's Rock Show.

At some point they started to talk about Blaze! (Sneap produced many albums, including Blaze's)

Andy mentioned Blaze's first album.

Bruce: "I actually liked that album. I will probably get shot for this but I thought that he was so much better than with Maiden".

Andy: “He sings an octave lower”
---------------

@Ardius: Do you have examples of Bruce's comments against Blaze, or better, links? I have never seen one, apart from the one I just mentioned.

Forostar said:
---------------

@Ardius: Do you have examples of Bruce's comments against Blaze, or better, links? I have never seen one, apart from the one I just mentioned.

Im fairly sure I read a quote from around here once upon a time of Bruce saying some comments about Blaze during the time of No Prayer, when Wolfsbane were supporting.
Ive also heard people mention this from time to time. Alas, I have nothing to back it up yet, but I will search for some links or quotes for you.

Ah alright didn't think of that era. I thought you meant when Blaze was in the band or after that. Still, I'd be curious if you would find anything on it.

You're thinking of the quote that used to be on maidenfans.com, Bruce said it during the No Prayer tour when Wolfsbane opened for them. He said something about Blaze being an untalented midget or something.

And "a stupid dwarf who couldn't play football to save his life".  Wow,  imagine how tall Blaze must be if Dickinson considers him short. :p

Now following the distorted bits: The full story.

Wolfsbane supported Maiden on the Intercity Express Tour, as the UK leg of the No Prayer On The Road Tour was dubbed. When Maiden played Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter at Derby, -now here's what's important- Blaze joined them on stage, and Bruce mocked him for missing two goals at a football match. If I remember correctly, the exact quote was something like Blaze being a "stupid dwarf who couldn't play football to save his life". Some people claim he joined them on other gigs too, but  I have yet to hear a bootleg or see pictures confirming this myself.

EDIT: it seems that at least on the Manchester gig, Blaze joined Maiden on stage as well:

1990-10-12_b.jpg

I can't see where there's any cause for animosity between the two. Business is business and both are sufficiently mature to understand this. I would even venture to guess that there is a mutual respect between the two of them. Those comments are just innocent bantering, nothing anyone else hasn't engaged in from time to time. I haven't heard of any other instances of "problems" between them. I think the interview will be very interesting and I hope they do discuss Maiden.

Bump, just because this is now relevant today.
Apparently, according to Blaze's band members' blogs, this interview was pre-recorded. In case anyone is wondering how Bruce has managed it while being on tour.

"Coming up on Bruce's next show
This Friday we’ll be joined on the show by former Iron Maiden frontman Blaze Bayley. He’ll be talking about filling Bruce’s shoes, his forthcoming album and what it’s been like reforming his old band Wolfsbane. "

This will indeed be an interesting interview!

At least I hope it's done by Bruce himself. I remember I was disappointed when Opeth was interviewed, without (hearing) Bruce asking the questions.

Thanks for the reminder!

Forostar said:
At least I hope it's done by Bruce himself. I remember I was disappointed when Opeth was interviewed, without (hearing) Bruce asking the questions.

Thanks for the reminder!

I think they meant that it was pre-recorded with Bruce. At least, I hope so too.

Listening now!

Hey Blaze, I bought both Silicon Messiah and Brave New World as soon as they came out! That was a great week! :)

Well, it just finished, and it was a friendly talk, as expected. Blaze's laugh sounds like one of a maniac sometimes. ;)

Heh, cool, Bruce asked some great questions. Great interview and some great music, hope Blaze benefits from this and I await to see what happens in Columbia with Maiden  :ok:
Looking forward to the new Blaze album, but I hope it comes out before at least the Judas Priest one. I hope to see both live too, we'll have to see.

Back