Bruce Dickinson earns honorary music degree

Hey everyone,

Was just speaking to my sister who graduated today at Queen Mary's University in Westminster. She told me that on a booklet left on the seats was an article saying that Bruce Dickinson is to be awarded an honorary degree tomorrow.

Hopefully she will scan the booklet for me soon so I can upload that but I haven't been able to find details of this anywhere else!

I think it is awesome that Bruce has been recognized for the talent he has, but maybe they should award a degree to the rest of the band too!

Any thoughts?

I wonder if there will be something on the official website.

IRON MAIDEN Singer Receives Honorary Doctorate In Music From Queen Mary University

IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson received an honorary doctorate in music from Queen Mary university in London, England on Tuesday, July 19. He was presented by Professor David Baker of the Centre For Neuroscience And Trauma in honor of Dr. Dickinson's contribution to the music industry. Dickinson actually received a degree in history from the same college in 1979. His parents wanted him in the army, but he told them that he wanted to get a degree first. "That was what they wanted to hear so that was my cover story," he later said. "When I got down there, I started immediately finding and playing in bands." Multi-talented Dr. Dickinson is not only a musician and song-writer, author, film script writer and TV broadcaster, also a champion fencer, entrepreneur and commercial airline pilot. In 2006, Dr. Dickinson flew 200 U.K. citizens home from Lebanon during the Israel-Hezbollah conflict in his converted Boeing 757. Queen Mary is one of the U.K.'s leading research-focused universities, offering a broad range of degrees in humanities and social sciences; medicine and dentistry and science and engineering, with over 14,000 undergraduates, 2,000 postgraduate students and 3,000 staff.

dickinsondoctor.jpg

dickinsondoctor2.jpg

:edmetal:

Congratulations Bruce!  :rocker:

dickinsondoctor.jpg

Most metal picture. ever.  :edmetal:

Bruce Dickinson, former lead singer of Iron Maiden

lolwut.jpg

He should've said in the end: SCREAM FOR ME WESTMINSTER!!!!! :bigsmile:

Quite surprising, I wouldn't have expected academics to recognise metal in such a way, no matter how smart Maiden's lyrics are.  I would've wanted to hear the whole speech though, it was cut very annoyingly. 

The look on his face when he sits back down from forgetting his... doctorate certificatimibob is just priceless
More importantly how young does he look compared to recent snaps weve had of him

Adrian Smith has a PhD.
Adrian Smith has an MD.
Adrian Smith, DDS.
Adrian Smith holds both all and no degrees simultaneously. To question this is to question His plan.

Back