Brilliant parenting

• Thread starter Deleted member 7164
  • Start date
My 6 year old daughter mainly listens to Katy Perry and Adele...but also has developed a fondness for Powerslave. Her kindergarten teacher was confused when she busted out some lyrics to Flash of the Blade on "sing your favorite song day". :cool:

My 6 year old daughter mainly listens to Katy Perry and Adele...but also has developed a fondness for Powerslave. Her kindergarten teacher was confused when she busted out some lyrics to Flash of the Blade on "sing your favorite song day". :cool:

Adele is talented and has a couple of good songs, I think that's fine. Katy Perry is pretty terrible though, and I say that as a fan of Britney Spears. :p

When my daughter was 5, she drew a portrait of Bruce Dickinson with an Eddie shirt on. She was pretty mad that the kindergarten teacher failed to recognize him and thought he was an ugly pregnant woman with an even uglier baby in the belly.

Around the same time, there was an audition for a choir in kindergarten. My daughter showed up and sang her favorite song at the time - No More Lies. She wasn't picked.

Ever since last year, her go-to music is The Book of Souls, mostly Eternity and the title track.

She's growing up with Eddie posters around her and still believes he's the good guy.

The first music I played to myself was Elvis Devil in Disguise

ELVIS-PRESLEY-Youre-The-Devil-In-Disguise-7.jpg

From my grandma's vinyl collection. She was hooked on USA culture in youth, and named her two children in honour of Ingrid Bergman and Richard Burton. I always loved digging through her stuff which also included correspondence with Hollywood actors of the time. But by far the clearest memory are the verses of this great track.

Personally? Children LPs featuring speaking animals like Maja the Bee and English course tapes, I guess 1990 when I started with school, were my first audio media belongings.

The first music I had to myself was when I got a small radio with cassette player when I was 9. I mostly listened to top 40 and classic rock. A couple years after that, I discovered the local metal station.

I discovered this morning that Iron Maiden does not make my 2-year-old Reuben happy

Back