UK Politics

Well, apparently it's not good enough for Nigel Garage, who says Boris must dump his Brexit deal or the Brexit Party will run in every riding.

They're very unlikely to win any seats in a "first past the post" Westminster election. Farage himself has never been a member of Parliament.

Even in this Brexit climate, if you were a pro-Brexit voter you would have to be stone mad not to vote for a Tory candidate as splitting the Brexit vote could let a Remain candidate win the seat.

They're very unlikely to win any seats in a "first past the post" Westminster election. Farage himself has never been a member of Parliament.

Even in this Brexit climate, if you were a pro-Brexit voter you would have to be stone mad not to vote for a Tory candidate as splitting the Brexit vote could let a Remain candidate win the seat.
And yet they're likely to still do better than 0 votes, and I doubt those votes are coming from Labour. 2-3% can be the difference between a majority or not, or certain seats. It just happened here, for example.

You are underestimating the madness of a significant number of Brexiteers!

The fact that Boris Johnson ended up being Prime Minister is just a sign of how low this country has sunk. If he gets elected with his track record, it would be even more embarrassing.

Whenever I see him lying I cannot help but remember the words from a great European band:

You make the stars
Illusions and dreams
You're what you are
D'you know what I mean

I hear you clear
See in your eyes
Lying to please
It pleases to lie

You say it's your way
You say we'll make it right to the top
Your bullshit gets me
What have you got

I don't believe
A word you say
You make me laugh
Get outta my way

You say it's your way
Now listen to what I think of you

Oh, that's what they call them here. I guess I just assumed that was a British term. Electoral district, if you prefer
We have constituencies. The only place I've seen the word "riding" used to refer to a region is for the East Riding of Yorkshire. I have no idea why East Yorkshire isn't enough where it is for the north, south and west of Yorkshire. @Brigantium can you elucidate?

67-676188_okay-face-okay-face-meme.png

Nigel Farage is a very great guy. He has a lot of great ideas. Very smart man, very clever. I think he will do a lot of great things.

We have constituencies. The only place I've seen the word "riding" used to refer to a region is for the East Riding of Yorkshire. I have no idea why East Yorkshire isn't enough where it is for the north, south and west of Yorkshire. @Brigantium can you elucidate?

67-676188_okay-face-okay-face-meme.png

Nigel Farage is a very great guy. He has a lot of great ideas. Very smart man, very clever. I think he will do a lot of great things.
Totally off topic, but Yorkshire was once divided into North, East and West ridings, if I remember rightly, but there was no South riding. Maybe like Craggy Island, the South part washed away in a storm so there was no south part after that.

I will be voting in North Belfast for the first time. Dodds out!
Will you be voting to not be represented then? Perhaps that's basically the same as having a miserable bastard like Nigel Dodds as your MP.

If he loses his seat then that would be a result comparable to the Tories, of all parties, taking Alex Salmond and the previous SNP Westminster leader (Robertson) out of parliament. All the Scottish Tories will probably lose their seats this time though, and I wouldn't be surprised if the SNP take a clean sweep. Even Jo Swinson might lose her seat. The Lib Dems reckon they're only 7% off taking Ian Blackford (current SNP Westminster leader) out. Although I doubt that will happen it would be great to see as he is DUP levels of miserable bastard.

Nigel Farage has sadly decided not to stand as a candidate in the general election. His excuse is that he wants to focus on the national campaign. I really wanted to see him fail for an eighth time.

Holy shit. The deputy Labour leader Tom Watson has just stepped down as an MP and will not contest this election. This is huge news as he has been undermining and contradicting Jeremy Corbyn at every turn over the party's abysmal Brexit policy and shameful anti-semitism record. At the annual party conference a few weeks ago he survived an attempt to remove him as deputy leader.

He says it was a personal decision rather than a political one, but I wonder if he jumped before he was pushed as many Labour MPs who are not Corbyn evangelists have been threatened with deselection.

Holy shit. The deputy Labour leader Tom Watson has just stepped down as an MP and will not contest this election. This is huge news as he has been undermining and contradicting Jeremy Corbyn at every turn over the party's abysmal Brexit policy and shameful anti-semitism record. At the annual party conference a few weeks ago he survived an attempt to remove him as deputy leader.

He says it was a personal decision rather than a political one, but I wonder if he jumped before he was pushed as many Labour MPs who are not Corbyn evangelists have been threatened with deselection.

I believe Tom Watson when he says he has stepped down as MP for personal reasons (and he is still Labour to the core). His personal story of fighting back diabetes type 2 to health so he could see his kids grow up is a strong enough life-changing reason to step aside and focus on other things.

I wish Facebook could actually set up a three month mute facility for election related posts at the moment (the subject of a satirical joke news story doing the rounds). So many people shearing memes and rhetoric full of sweeping generalisations and total misinformation without taking any time to research the truth (or lack of) in what's being said. And this is coming from all over the political spectrum. Just this morning someone I know posted yet another anti-Tory post blaming them for pretty much everything ever and warning that anyone on her friends list who votes Tory should remove themselves and never speak to her again. When a friend pointed out that this sort of thing isn't worth destroying real life friendships over, the poster told her to back off because she can't handle this sort of aggression right now.

Guess what the Tories campaign anthem is...

'The Final Countdown' by..... Europe! :D

At least the song lays out a possible direction for the UK after Brexit.

Enjoy your trip to Venus.

Back