UK Politics

I was up in Derry tonight, last night a journalist was shot dead in Derry during dissident republican rioting. These cunts can't be let bring us back to the dark ages. Hopefully all people start taking the Northern Ireland aspect of Brexit far more seriously, because this is not some minor issue compared to whether you have blue passports or bendy bananas, people can and will lose there lives if this is made a bollocks of.

It's one of many issues that's getting swept under the carpet, unfortunately. Don't know what it's about = not interested.

Brexit caused some big shifts in the English local elections on Thursday.

upload_2019-5-4_14-28-7.png

The Conservatives took a battering. That's a huge loss of Councillors, particularly since not every council and only partial councils were being voted on. Labour should have been able to make big gains here but their shitty non-committal policy made no difference to their position. The Liberal Democrats had a good election for the first time in years and, along with the Green Party, the pro-EU parties have done very well. There was also a surprising number of independent candidates who won council elections.

Theresa is just about to announce when she will be resigning. The media are all outside Downing Street and the Number 10 Cat (Larry) is patiently waiting to get in. :lol:

Boris Johnson is the favourite at the moment. He is popular with party members but not with MPs. Conservative party leadership contests don't tend to go according to plan though. I don't have a clue what will happen.

She will probably be remembered as the worst prime minister in British history. Unless Boris Johnson succeeds her.
I don't know about worst, but she's definitely in the running.

Edit: 5 worst British PMs, 3 best policy decisions from each?

Edit: 5 worst British PMs, 3 best policy decisions from each?

Theresa May, first time she had a vote on her Brexit bill, second time she had a vote on her Brexit bill, third time she had a vote on her Brexit bill.

I would have put down "offering her resignation" and "actually resigning" as two of her best policy decisions.

I'm not a fan of the Conservatives, but it's like they've progressively purged all the viable, more respectable frontbenchers, and are left with caricature media personalities (eg Johnson) or dodgy full-privatisation advocates who are harking back to the 1950s. May is/was the moderate. There's a very good chance they'll just fall out with each other all over again a few months down the line. From personal experience of working with Conservative politicians of various levels, I don't think many members of the party have any sense of diplomacy or compromise, and seem to think that's a good thing.

If Brexit ends up destroying the Tories we might have something to thank David Cameron for!

After the backstabbing debacle of how the Conservative party has dealt with the whole thing, I hope this would mean the party splitting into the lunatics and the moderates.

She will probably be remembered as the worst prime minister in British history. Unless Boris Johnson succeeds her.

Don't forget David Cameron! He will get my vote.

EDIT: He will get my vote as "worst prime minister"; he will definitely not get my vote in any other case! :lol:

Back