UK Politics

Since Sweden is in the Schengen Area, wouldn't the broader community be responsible for any access agreements?

Yes, that is something Brexiteers have yet to understand given how they want to make separate deals with individual countries. And that's one of the reasons why the UK for the first time in history is no longer one of Germany's top ten trade partners.

Brexit has been a smashing success, hasn't it? Pretty sure the British Empire returned yesterday.

It's all Covid's fault. You'll see, once Covid is over everything will be just splendid.

Yes, that is something Brexiteers have yet to understand given how they want to make separate deals with individual countries. And that's one of the reasons why the UK for the first time in history is no longer one of Germany's top ten trade partners.

I am not sure we were one of Germany’s top ten trade partners from 1939 to 1945…

Brexit has been a smashing success, hasn't it? Pretty sure the British Empire returned yesterday.

The deluded people who worship Churchill seem to think it never went away.

This is just apparently a change to the operating system that could lead to some hiccups.

Found a good explanation of the measurements thing. This is actually pretty accurate!

242330400_10158873627553477_2237540540900403729_n.jpg

How are our British members doing right now?
Can't speak for all British but this Scotsman is laughing incredulously at how badly the English have fucked this up. And they're now looking to pin the blame onto those who tried to stop Brexit. Pathetic.

The sooner we have independence and can get shot of this UK shitshow the better.

I don't have a car anyway. :p

Seriously, though, the loss of migrant workers has exposed some major shortcomings in multiple industries, and the most greedy people hoarding at the slightest sign that there's anything that might stand in the way of them having exactly what they might want on a whim at any hour of day or night, which means everyone else has to pile in just to get the essentials. I don't think there are insurmountable shortages nationally, just not a wastefully huge excess like there normally is, and hoarding is really making a mess of everything.

While freedom of movement might be one answer, I also think it's time multiple industries looked hard at their business model. I see long term unemployed people who'd jump at the chance to become an HGV driver, but they can't afford the training. If companies are relying on people paying for their own training, or being allegedly self employed, people who can afford any kind of training will train for jobs where they're not expected to kip in a cab, pee in a bottle and live on massively overpriced pasties.

And further to what Spaldy says, it's not even being done for the English as a whole, the entire show is run by and for a very narrow section of the population, mostly from the London commuter belt. Except most of them now live in East Anglia or Cornwall where the local population is being forced out by the property prices increase. They just mis-sold it to everyone else, conning them into thinking they were also members of the chosen people.

Pity nobody will take any responsibility for their own decisions, instead blaming it on the media, Remainers, bureaucrats, foreigners and elected politicians.

All our problems of our own making and we are officially the stupidest nation in Europe. I barely follow politics currently, as it’s shameful. The idiots have been dictating the agenda for too long

So is Boris going to be forced out because he had parties when he wasn't supposed to have parties, then lied about having parties?
Boris is basically made of teflon. All the shit just slides off. His voters don't care what he does and the Tories have turned distraction into an art form. That's why he's off to Ukraine to play Billy Big Bollocks.

Back